Company: Beacon Health System
Posted on: May 13, 2022
1215 Lawn Avenue
Reports to the Practice Manager and works under the direction of
the Clinical Supervisor, Office Supervisor and/or Office
Coordinator. Under general supervision and according to established
policies and procedures, performs various reception, clerical and
patient care duties. Duties include greeting patients, answering
the telephone, maintaining physicians? schedules, admitting and
discharging patients, collecting payments, entering patient charges
and compiling various reports.
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
* MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect
* VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
* SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on
Performs various reception and clerical duties in accordance with
established policies and procedures by:
* Receiving and greeting patients and visitors in a professional,
cheerful manner and providing all reasonable assistance. Checking
patients in for their appointments.
* Answering the telephone and taking and relaying messages to
clinical staff accurately.
* Scheduling patients with physician providers and maintaining
appointments with physician(s) rotation.
* Obtaining demographic and insurance information from the patient
and accurately entering the data into the practice management
* Ensuring that the patient data in the practice management system
is accurate by verifying insurance information with patient at each
visit and updating patient accounts as needed.
* Maintaining patient records, entering charges and posting
services performed by the provider.
* Entering prescription refills into the electronic medical record
and sending them to the appropriate clinical staff for
* Scheduling medical testing, procedures, ancillary services and
surgeries for patients.
* Providing patient with instructions on the prep for scheduled
procedure or test and following up with written instructions when
* Obtaining insurance pre-certification for patient procedures and
ancillary tests or completing electronic medical record flow sheet
and sending information to the appropriate person.
* Paging physician when necessary and sending information regarding
call status and imaging assignments daily.
* When applicable, entering data into specialty computer programs
such as Carelink and Cardionet; ensuring that orders are entered
correctly and monitors are sent to patients.
* Performing clerical duties including faxing, copying, typing
notes and memos.
* Ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory of
* Opening and sorting mail daily.
Performs basic patient care duties by:
* Assisting the physician if necessary.
* Escorting patients to exam room in a professional and courteous
manner in the absence of clinical staff.
Performs other functions to maintain personal competence and
contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department by:
* Participating in committees as requested.
* Enhancing professional growth and development through in-service
meetings and educational programs as approved.
* Completing other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
Associate complies with the following organizational
* Attends and participates in department meetings and is
accountable for all information shared.
* Completes mandator y education, annual competencies and
department specific education within established timeframes.
* Completes annual employee health requirements within established
* Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing
throughout fiscal year.
* Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current
BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by
* Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions,
protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient
* Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and
* Complies with established organization and department
* Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or
other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as
The Beacon Way:
* Leverage innovation everywhere.
* Cultivate human talent.
* Embrace performance improvement.
* Build greatness through accountability.
* Use information to improve and advance.
* Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and Experience
* The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are
normally acquired through the successful completion of a high
school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of one year related office
experience, with medical terminology and coding experience, is
preferred. The ability to speak and write Spanish is desired.
Knowledge & Skills
* Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills necessary to
consistently interact with visitors, clients, and staff members in
a professional, courteous manner to project a positive image.
* Demonstrates good communication and telephone usage skills to
effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to a variety
of internal and external contacts.
* Requires knowledge of billing and office procedures and
proficient typing and computer skills to complete tasks in an
accurate and efficient manner.
* Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment with other
clerical and clinical staff and with physicians.
* Requires analytical skills necessary to solve patient problems
and interpret data.
* Works in a medical office environment.
* Flexible work hours.
* Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the
essential functions of the position.
Keywords: Beacon Health System, Elkhart , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!