Company: Beacon Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2022
600 East Boulevard
Performs receptionist and general clerical duties relating to the
general functioning of the patient care unit. Assists with basic
patient care activities in support of other associates. Specific
tasks to be performed are determined based upon assignment and may
include some or all of the duties listed below. Reports to
EGH Nursing Purpose: To ensure safe, compassionate, innovate
patient centered care, promote and engage in the advancement of
evidenced-based nursing practice, create a culture of
collaboration, professionalism and a healthy work environment.
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
* MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect
* VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
* SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on
* Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
* Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the department.
* Receives patient feedback via call backs, leader rounds, or
* Caring and Healing Environment:
* Exhibits self-care as evidenced by balancing workload and
scheduling lunch breaks.
* Schedules and utilizes vacation days to renew/refresh as
* Recognizes stress or situational frustration while on duty and
takes respite time as appropriate.
* Behavior positively contributes to culture on the unit as
evidenced by following Code of Mutual Respect.
* Allows core values and standards of behavior to drive practice
around care of team, patients and families.
* Accepts accountability and responsibility to address issues and
conflicts. Follows up with unit director as needed.
* Acts as a role model and precepts new associates as
* Communicate, collaborate, and function with other members of the
* Follows TeamSTEPPS principles including participation in shift
briefs, debriefs, and huddles to improve communication, patient
care, and teamwork.
* Responds pro mptly to patient, family, and staff needs. Assists
in emergency situations as directed.
* Fosters a sense of trust and collaboration among team members and
* Takes ownership and pride in their job.
* Respect the dignity and rights of the patient regardless of
socioeconomic status, personal attributes, or nature of health
* Maintain each patient's right to privacy by protecting
* Clerical/Supply Inventory/Unit Maintenance.
* Monitors and orders replacement of stock supplies and
* Keeps the department areas neat and orderly.
* Manages telephone calls.
Patient Care Delivery:
* Obtains and documents height, weight, intake and output, vital
signs, and reports any abnormal findings in a timely manner.
* Picks up and delivers blood products per policy.
* Appropriately collects and delivers specimens.
* Completes purposeful hourly rounding.
* Assists with answering call lights.
* Delivers 1:1 staffing care when requested.
* Provides safe patient environment.
* Prov Education and Experience:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are
normally acquired through the successful completion of a High
School Diploma or equivalent. Must obtain Basic Cardiac Life
Support (BCLS/CPR) within 3 months of hire and maintain current
certification. Previous experience in taking vital signs, medical
terminology, computer data entry, scheduling and time management
Knowledge & Skills:
* Must be able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines for
* Legible handwriting, accuracy and organization skills to
efficiently prepare medical record forms, clinic visits and pull
charts for review.
* Good working relationships with others.
* Skilled in EPF, PHS and Microsoft office products preferred.
* Supportive and caring communication skills with clients. (good
communication skills both verbal and written).
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and
reasonably adaptable for scheduling purpose, when necessary, due to
the extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and
* Strong team player.
* Communicates clearly and promptly with supervising nurse in order
to give prompt care and experience for patients and families.
* Able to deal with significant amount of stress; frequent
* Possible eye strain from C
Keywords: Beacon Health System, Elkhart , Unit Secretary/Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!