Posted on: May 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Project Engineer is responsible for leading
and managing projects to maximize the overall delivery standards
and solve issues related to customer, site and technical aspects as
a first point of contact. He/she will be responsible for
maintaining productive and positive relationships with key internal
and external partners. They will help guide design and
specification criteria to optimize dependability and
maintainability in order to achieve lowest lifecycle cost.
Additionally, this position works hand in hand with the operations
team to drive process improvements, reduce cost and improve
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and modifies systems design and complete machines
- Acknowledges the clients' specifications.
- Elaborates designs in reference to the design file and
- Elaborates a work plan including steps and priorities
(planning, resources et methods).
- Deals with the suppliers regarding new components.
- Prepares preliminary drawings, finalize drawings, detail plans
for installations and assembly.
- Write changes required to determine the options with assistance
of manufacturing system.
- Develop drafts taking into consideration the variables of the
actual and future configurations.
- Modify and create items, parts lists
- Verifies the interface between various systems.
- Checks the functional aspect of the designs on the shop
- Coordinates trials and tests.
- Ensures that the forecasts and production work schedules are
- Ensures the technical standards and internal company procedures
are being met.
- Writes procedures, makes forms and work instructions
- Unconditionally supports the continuous improvement
- Manages and coordinates studies with sub-contractors.
- Creates and writes assembly, installation and repair
- Design assembly gauges, tooling and line equipment.
- Respond to information requests from suppliers QUALIFICATIONS
AND EXPERIENCETo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Completed a 4-year degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years' professional experience (junior engineer
accepted with pertinent work/study training).
- Experience with ground support equipment of heavy machinery
- Familiarity with the design of diesel engines, driven screw
compressor sets and other electro-mechanical devices.
- Familiarity with industrial/automotive electronic devices and
- Experience interacting with customers/suppliers and in a group
- Strong ability to identify bottlenecks and writing new
- Excellent working knowledge of troubleshooting mechanical
- Proficient with: Windows Environment, Autocad, Solidworks,
electrical schematic software, ERP systems
- Good organization and time management skills. Efficiency,
leadership, autonomy, good communication
- Must have a hands on approach and drive to take ownership of
Keywords: TLD, Elkhart , Project Engineer, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!