Mechanical Design Project Engineer
Company: MRINetwork Jobs
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary:The Mechanical Design Project Engineer
will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering
department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering
documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful
candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager and
collaborate with design/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on
design projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a
progressive and collaborative work environment with a team that is
dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and
- Design using SolidWorks software to create models and drawings
of products with robust Design for Manufacturability.
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Organize and maintain existing engineering specifications and
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes to ensure
durability, fit, and function
- Design tests to compare competitive product performance to
current company and competitor offerings utilizing fluid mechanics,
Thermodynamics, Applied Mechanics and Theoretical
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry
and business standards of quality.
- Develop designs that are optimized for cost and design for
manufacturing. Meaning, the selected features that are able to be
made cost effectively, utilized platform designs, and the
production line can repeat the same level of quality.
- Manage Projects throughout the lifecycle process from
interaction with Sales and Customers to completed product delivery
and follow up. Will manage multiple key projects simultaneously
which requires individuals to see the big picture and adapt where
needed to ensure timelines and project deadlines are achieved.
- This role will be instrumental on developing new products and
improvements to the company line of innovative products. This
position will be rewarding for the individual that enjoys
translating customer needs into new products that are sold through
various major customersExperience Required:
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BSME)
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve
effectively to determine product launch dates.
- This individual must be able to function within a team and be
able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Will collaboratively work to develop innovative solutions in
response to customer requirements; design product tests and
supervise through completion; authors / provide input to / review
installation and maintenance manuals; ensure that projects are
completed on time. Hands-on work involved with testing and
- Demonstrate company core values (Winning as a Team, Driven,
- Data Analysis Experience in MSExel, graph, and provide summary
- Ability to run a cost trade off analysis (material cost versus
- Ability to draw parts, develop assemblies, and create 2D
drawings in SolidWorks or similar program.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time; good computer
skills: MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, 3D CAD (SolidWorks); the
ability to work well alone as well as with others, with strong
leadership skills; adaptability and ability to thrive in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Travel 3-5 times a year to visit a customer field location or
represent the company. May also be responsible for field
installation, evaluation, and testing of prototypes/current
product, or providing customer support as necessary.
Keywords: MRINetwork Jobs, Elkhart , Mechanical Design Project Engineer, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!