High Voltage Components Engineer
Company: THOR Industries, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Title: High Voltage Components EngineerStatus: based at EHG
GermanyReports to: Director Advanced Engineering - Global Connected
OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW:In 1980, THOR Industries embarked on a journey
to connect people with nature, and families with each other. Today,
we continue that journey by leading a global family of companies
which make it easier and more enjoyable for families of all types
to create lasting outdoor memories. With its global headquarters
located in Elkhart Indiana, and over a dozen companies located
across the US and Europe, THOR is proud to be the largest RV
manufacturer in the world. At THOR we deploy robust efforts to
attract, hire, develop and retain the best and brightest talent in
an array of professions. This is where you come in--- We are
excited to find a great High Voltage components Engineer to add to
our team! SUMMARY:The core focus of this position is to support the
eMobility Team as the High Voltage (HV) component engineer.
Cooperating with our suppliers, you will be responsible for to
develop and implement generic and customer specific requirements on
power electronics for partly or fully electrified motorhomes and
travel trailers. You will be responsible for developing the high
level HV powernet architecture in the vehicle, ensuring
cohesiveness in all high voltage systems on the vehicle. This
includes HV batteries, power converters, HV power distribution, HV
fusing and safety, and interfaces to LV systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and release documentation on HV powernet components and
architecture on the vehicle, including requirement on
functionality, quality, life cycle, test and costs
- Working with vendors and other external resources to develop HV
- Define requirements for HV cables and develop grounding
requirements for electric vehicles for all HV systems, including
equipotential ground and distribution.
- Provide engineering support to vehicle production teams at our
subsidiaries to resolve manufacturing process issues related to HV
- Stay current on electric vehicle technology developments.
- Generate new ideas and methods for optimizing vehicle design,
systems, and processes.
- Broaden your expertise outside of your immediate
responsibilities and become an expert in eMobility topics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must thrive working in complex
environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and
efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills and trained on automotive
processes, ability to develop important relationships with key
internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in
Engineering with focus on Electrical, E-Power systems, or related
- Understanding of HV components such as DC/DC converters,
battery chargers, HV 3-phase motors, power distribution, grounding,
and analog circuit design.
- Past experience on electric vehicles and high voltage DC
automotive systems (incl. ECE R100, HV safety).
- Experienced in Requirements Management and Functional Safety
analysis for automotive electronics products.
- Proven ability to translate business needs into technical
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Languages: English (fluent); German (Intermediate) At THOR we
are committed to:
- Inspiring an inclusive culture which embraces individual
- Treating team members fairly and with respect
- Establishing a workplace free from discrimination, harassment
- Training team members to be aware of their rights and
responsibilities in regards to fair treatment
- Providing equal opportunities based on ability, performance and
potential THOR Industries offers our full-time team members a
high-quality benefit package! This includes your choice of medical,
dental, vision and disability income programs, as well as life
insurance provided by THOR with additional insurances available for
voluntary coverage for you and your family. Retirement savings
programs are also available to help you reach your goals! In
addition to Health and Wellness programs, THOR also offers a
variety of perks to assist our team members throughout the year.
These include: - Paid Holidays and Vacations - Local and National
Discounts - Fitness Discounts - Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
- And many more programs!
THOR is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment
application and interview process. To request an accommodation,
please contact an HR Leader at (574) 970-7923, or by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If accommodations are needed for an
interview, please reach out at least one week in advance.
Keywords: THOR Industries, Inc., Elkhart , High Voltage Components Engineer, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!