Company: LEER Group
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Overall Responsibilities:The environmental engineer is
responsible for to ensure environmental compliance (air, water,
waste). Track chemical usage, emission reporting, hazardous waste
compliance, etc. They are responsible for ensuring that the company
is complying with environmental policies. A few of the main duties
of an environmental engineer are helping obtain green
certifications, analysis of procedures, field tests, and assisting
in the performance of an audit. They also must create reports about
the company's environmental impact.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support in developing and implementing
environmental programs in industries.
- Generate environmental reports as per federal and state
- Stay updated with air, water and waste regulations as defined
by state and federal laws.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental
programs to reduce environmental damages.
- Oversee waste management and pollution control activities.
- Perform regular site surveys for environmental
- Assess potential environmental risks and develop mitigation
- Provide assistance and job trainings to team members as
- Analyze root causes of environmental incidents and propose
corrective action plans.
- Prepare and maintain environmental documentations for reference
- Assist in environmental audits and implement audit
- Assist in getting and maintaining environmental permits for
- Diagnose issues with the company's processes
- Apply for permits
- Apply for federal and state grants
- Perform calculations and analysis
- Create environmental reports
- Report findings to higher ups
- Create new processes to increase efficiency
- Perform company audits
- Other duties as assigned or needed Characteristics and skills:
- Proficient in computer aided engineering (CAD) or Solid Works,
CATIA, or Team Center.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers
- Ability to work independently and in a demanding
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
detail.Educational and other requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related
- 2 years of experience in Environmental engineering
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Ability to work out in the field, standing and walking
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to create presentations, analysis data and write
- Experience in fiberglass is strongly preferred.
- Domestic travel 20% - International 10% PandoLogic. Keywords:
Environmental Engineer, Location: Elkhart, IN - 46516
Keywords: LEER Group, Elkhart , Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!