Senior Engineering Manager
Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As the Senior Engineering Manager for our Utilimaster division in
Bristol, IN, you will be responsible for managing several
engineering teams and the engineering supervisors for those teams
will be your direct reports. You will also be accountable for
delivering quality leadership and inspiring your engineering teams
to advance the state of the art of engineering.
Additionally, you will be expected to lead across your
organizational peers, demonstrated through project work, process
and policy creation, and other means culminating with presenting
strong results to the leadership team.
Interested in learning more? Check out the hyperlinks
- The Shyft Group - Employee Testimonials
- Cost of Living Data for Bristol, IN via Payscale
- The Best of Bristol, IN - via TripAdvisor
- About Bristol, IN - via BestPlaces.net
- Utilimaster's EV Walk-In Van
- Develops and executes a vision, roadmap, and operating system
to ensure the engineering team is able to meet or exceed business
- Leads and negotiates with cross-functional managers to better
enable engineering to meet customer requirements and deliver
quality, ready to manufacture solutions with a goal of increasing
profit and market share.
- Contributes to, and sometimes leads new business initiatives
and projects to ensure an impact on engineering information
quality, product quality & design for manufacturing
- Leads, mentors, and coaches their team and peers to think
critically and to proactively suggest improvements that lead to
product and engineering process improvements that benefit both The
Shyft Group and the customer.
- Researches industry best practices for engineering and new
product development, developing tools to measure and improve the
value created from each project.
- Leads, teaches, and develops root cause and corrective action
process to ensure all team members and peers can solve and
implement fixes to engineering issues quickly.
- Develops and implements training for engineering teams and
peers to ensure engineering operating system and engineering
standards alignment throughout
- Promote healthy vendor relationships by setting expectations
and communicating openly
- Work with functional areas to understand how business processes
interact and record current state business processes
- Recommend engineering process and system changes to improve
efficiency and business outcomes; propose solutions which address
the larger business environment
- Leads engineering through a transformation to be more
project-focused in work content as well as more product-focused via
new product development.
- Negotiates and drives project management standards in
engineering in collaboration with PMO.
- Ensures shared engineering resources are used optimally to
serve all product lines.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 5 or more years of engineering leadership experience in a
fast-paced, manufacturing environment
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely
- Track record of handling multiple projects and meeting
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities
- Exceptional leadership attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to correct complex process and/or system issues
- Understand key financial metrics, create capital expenditure
requests, and manage a budget
- Understand, evaluate, and recommend changes to complex business
processes and to analytical models
- Proven training and organizational change management skills
- Experience with value stream mapping
- Conflict resolution skills within functional team and outside
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or
status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the
commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Blue Arc , Utilimaster , Royal Truck Body, DuraMag ,
Strobes-R-Us , Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond , and
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Elkhart , Senior Engineering Manager, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!