General Maintenance Technician - in Elkhart, IN
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention Bonus*
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
*Bonus offered for limited time and only for Carpenter, Grounds,
Make Ready and Maintenance Technician roles. Must be Hired prior to
December 31, 2022 to qualify. -First $250 awarded after
successfully completing 90 days of employment; $500 awarded after
6-months of satisfactory employment.
If you are highly motivated, have a keen eye for detail and like
working with your hands then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to
brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and
surrounding states. -We handle all phases of development: -from
land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
The Highlands Apartments is looking for a professional and
motivated individual to join our team as a Make Ready Maintenance
Technician. - Make Ready Maintenance Technicians are responsible
for completing required steps to ensure all vacant apartment homes
are restored to a market-ready status, within the allotted
time-frame and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
-Successful candidates will possess basic maintenance skills, along
with some organizational skills to track the status of apartments
being turned over.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Completing full vacant turn process in a timely manner to meet
move-in deadlines including drywall repairs, painting, caulking and
- Repair or replace appliances, faucets, garbage disposals, entry
locks, windows as well as carpentry and ceramic tile
- Following hazardous communication and bloodborne pathogen
guidelines as well as other safety-related protocols.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable) and vehicle
- Completing administrative paperwork as necessary.
- Assisting with snow and ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally
and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with
residents and co-workers.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as
climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking and grouting.
- Some electrical and plumbing experience preferred.
- HVAC Certification or experience is preferred but willing to
- Possess own tools.
- Able to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such
as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on
all applicants being seriously considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Elkhart , General Maintenance Technician - in Elkhart, IN, Engineering , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!