Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Sales, Inventory, Operations, & Planning (SIOP) Manager is
responsible for developing, supporting, and managing all scheduling
functions as well as implementing a scheduling methodology in
accordance with established procedures for Utilimasters' product
lines across multiple sites. In this strategic role, you will
support the Director of Materials & Fabrication to execute the
vision and goals for your function and manage the people and
processes to achieve impactful results.
What You'll be Doing
- Manage Master Schedule. Create and provide master schedule
slots to multiple sites to provide visibility for the supply chain
in monthly/weekly buckets across the planning horizon. Cascade
these slots to the specific scheduler(s) responsible for the
- Monitor Sales Trends. Working closely with sales and marketing
to identify upcoming trends up to 18 months from current to
properly forecast firm and planned demand and revise these as
necessary based upon subsequent changes to market, supply, and
operational demands. Approve all major sales changes where
configuration changes are touching manufacturing plants, or major
options; coordinate with Operations for approvals, and respond to
- Changes / Communication. Coordinate with Manufacturing,
Engineering, Sales, and Supply Chain to revise master schedule
dates as constraints occur and the supply plan needs altered.
Ensure directional data can be broadcast to supply chain for raw
material purchasing purposes, after working with sourcing to
negotiate agreements to ensure supply is not interrupted.
- Planning. Translate the monthly SIOP consensus plan by product
family to a detailed weekly master production (MPS) with a 12 to
18-month planning horizon into the ERP for Daily MRP generation;
accomplished through systematic improvements, starting with manual
data collection and analysis. Incorporate inter-company demand and
backlog into SIOP supply planning process to ensure capacity and
resources are available to meet demand requirements.
- Manage Timelines. Perform as the "Gatekeeper" for Sales
approvals for production sites, Drive Engineering deadlines, Ensure
product execution timelines are adhered to. Communicate to the SIOP
group any failure modes and receive corrective actions.
- Processes, Systems & Reporting. Create and architect databases,
systems, and reports. Create and publish daily/weekly/monthly
factory schedule adherence, capacity, and inventory reports.
Monitor and drive resolution of MRP processing errors.
- KPIs. Data analysis and reporting of key performance indicators
such as: delivery performance, backlog, performance to master
schedule and inventory turns.
- Knowledge Resource. Serve as a factory subject matter expert
(SME) for ERP production planning and scheduling modules.
- Other tasks & responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Strategic
Sourcing or equivalent
- 8 + years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning,
operations planning/scheduling, materials management or other Sales
Inventory & Operations Planning related functional area
- Proficient in MS Office; Strong working knowledge of Aurora
(current) or Plex (future) ERP systems preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to efficiently
multi-task, prioritize, and delegate.
- Significant experience directing and leading others
- Ability to identify business process issues and implement
effective improvement and control plans
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) across
multiple levels of the organization
- Work independently, solve problems, multi-task, strong
leadership skill, intermediate or higher level of order processing
systems, inventory software
- APICS, CPIM, CPSM, or CPF certification preferred
- Travel to company sites up to 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or
status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the
commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Blue Arc---, Utilimaster -, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag
-, Strobes-R-Us -, Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond---, and
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Elkhart , SIOP Manager, Executive , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!