Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA - $28hr!
Company: Aegis Therapies
Posted on: May 7, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSETo assist in the treatment of patients as
directed by the Physical Therapist and participate as an active
member of treatment location's rehabilitation teamESSENTIAL JOB
- Provides treatment to patients as directed by the Physical
- Instructs families and caregiver in maintenance programs as
directed by the Physical Therapist
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team
members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Participates in patient-care conferences and weekly
- Participates in treatment location in-service training
- Remains knowledgeable of state practice acts and ensures the
level of supervision they receive meets standards. Does not provide
treatment outside of practice act limits
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and
professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per
corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a
company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment
location infection control policies and protocols and keeping
information confidential per company and federal requirements.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
treatment location and department procedures, rules and
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company
procedures and following manufacturer's instructions;
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled
nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as
determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including
community based services such as home health and wellness
activities as requiredQUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from a Physical Therapy Assistant program
- Current licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant in state of
practice and/or nationally certified
- Current CPR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 minutes of your assigned primary
building(s) as needed
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills including use of desktop computers and
handheld devices with ability to learn company or customer
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient,
employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levelsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending,
walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear,
ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to
remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with
patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up
to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling,
twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and
activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to
Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials
Keywords: Aegis Therapies, Elkhart , Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA - $28hr!, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!