Wound Care RN - No Weekends, No Holidays, No Call!
Company: Beacon Health System
Posted on: May 8, 2022
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!Job Description
Reports to the Manager of the Wound Clinic. Performs thorough
assessments of wounds. Plans a course of action, implements the
appropriate treatment, and evaluates the results. Works
collaboratively with the patient care team to educate patients and
establishes strong patient family relationships. Collaborates with
other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing
quality care to patients. Displays strong teamwork. Exhibits
self-care and self-knowing in order to be empathetic and
compassionate with every interaction. Uses independent judgment to
ensure optimal delivery of patient care and appropriate use of
available resources. Serves as a resource to other staff.MISSION,
VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
- MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and
connect with heart.
- VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
- SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be
on their team.
- Performs a thorough assessment of any wound and documents
- Assures implementation of appropriate treatment plan based on
the patient's needs and physicians input.
- Exhibits sound clinical judgment based on standards of care,
including Nursing Policies and Procedures.
- Evaluates patient care given to a specific wound and provides
guidance to management, staff and physicians as indicated.
- Documents/Communicates clearly and concisely the progress or
concerns in regards to the treatment plan with staff and
- Contributes to interdisciplinary plan of care using assessment
- Involves patient/family in developing plan of care
- Carries out physicians orders in a timely mannerOrganization
- Guides policy and procedure development relating to the skin
and wound care.
- Participates in wound care product review and evaluation.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize for multiple simultaneous
- Enhances the efficiency, cost effectiveness, and clinical
outcomes for wound care patients.
- Stays current in wound care standards of care and acts as a
resource to other providers.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement by identifying
areas of opportunity and following up with necessary actions.
Education and Documentation:
- Educates patients and family members and other support
individuals on wound prevention and treatment
- Identifies ongoing care needs of the patient for discharge
- Documents all patient notes, as well as care provided
accurately and completely in the EMR system
- Provides formal and informal staff development
- Orients new staff to the role of Wound Care
Clinician.Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the
- Completes other job-related duties and projects as
assigned.ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIESAssociate complies with the
following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is
accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and
department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual employee health requirements within
- Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing
throughout fiscal year.
- Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current
BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by
- Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions,
protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient
- Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and
- Complies with established organization and department
- Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or
other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as
The Beacon Way:
- Leverage innovation everywhere.
- Cultivate human talent.
- Embrace performance improvement.
- Build greatness through accountability.
- Use information to improve and advance.
- Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and ExperienceThe knowledge, skills, and abilities as
indicated below are normally acquired through the successful
completion of a Bachelor's Degree. Must be licensed Registered
Nurse in the State of Indiana. Wound Certification from an
accredited program is preferred. A minimum of 1 to 2 years of
job-related experience is preferred. Basic Cardiac Life Support
(BCLS/CPS). Must maintain current CPR certification.Knowledge &
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with all
levels of participants in health care delivery, in both formal and
informal settings and with individuals as well as groups of varying
- Clinical expertise appropriate for designated patient
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Skills in auditing outcomes concurrently and
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; computer use
- Organizes work load efficiently.
- Capable of managing complex workload and establishing
- Maintains up to date knowledge of reimbursement processes and
community resources.Working ConditionsComplexity of workload and
communications may involve mental stress.Physical DemandsRequires
the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged
periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to
position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over
35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the
essential functions of the position.
Location: Beacon Health System - Center for Wound Healing
Schedule: Full-time, Day, Monay - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Keywords: Beacon Health System, Elkhart , Wound Care RN - No Weekends, No Holidays, No Call!, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!