Behavior Therapist (ABA)-Paid RBT Training!
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Overview:Start your career with BACA and work with children in
our Elkhart, IN clinic!
Join one of the fastest-growing fields in healthcare in an
entry-level job that lets you work with kids and spend your day
doing meaningful work. As a Behavior Technician, you will help kids
with autism learn and grow!
Do you cringe at the thought of a life tied to a desk, preferring
hands-on work that gets you up and moving? Do you want to help
others, while bringing home a paycheck in one of the fastest
growing fields in healthcare? Do you crave work-life balance-and
dare to have a life outside of work?
If so, you might be a good fit for a behavior technician position,
an entry-level career that involves helping children with autism
spectrum disorder (ASD), a range of conditions that can affect a
kid's ability to socialize, play, and communicate. Our behavior
techs undergo free training to work with our team to deliver
applied behavior analysis (ABA), a therapy that uses play-based
activities to help kids build skills.
Once you learn the ropes of ABA, opportunities are ripe for you to
take on more responsibility, grow your career, and even earn a
promotion in as little as six months!
So, what are you waiting for?Responsibilities:Backed by the support
and supervision of our awesome staff, you would:
- Work with kids (18 months to school age) with autism and
special needs in their homes or in one of our centers.
- Looking for full time or part time with hours between 8:15-4:45
- Gain training and skills to support a career in behavior
analysis, behavioral health, teaching, occupational therapy, speech
language pathology, counseling, mental health, and parenting.
- Become eligible to earn your registered behavior technician
- Create lasting, positive change for children and their
families.Pay starting at $16.00 and up for experience! (Plus,
become and RBT!)Qualifications:Do you have what it takes? Although
we don't require specific experience, we do look for certain
- A genuine desire to help children with autism and their
families achieve goals.
- A steady supply of compassion, empathy, enthusiasm, kindness,
goodwill, and reliability.
- Strong curiosity and a desire (or, at least, a willingness) to
learn about autism, learning differences, and ABA.
- The ability to master the latest TikTok dance craze. (Just
Oh, and we actually require:
A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Availability to work a consistent weekly schedule: morning and
- The ability to pass a background check.
- Reliable transportation/Valid Driver's License
- Not to mention, it is a plus if you:
- Are bi-lingual, with English/Spanish fluency.
- Studied, majored, or minored in psychology, education, special
education, child care, behavioral health, health science, or a
- Have experience working with children, whether as a babysitter,
nanny, tutor, teacher, coach, camp counselor, or some other form of
childcare.Physical requirements vary and are based on specific
client assignments. You may be asked to engage in any of the
following: push, pull, lift up to 35 pounds, and move quickly,
according to client needs. It is necessary to be able to sit on the
floor, stoop, stand, walk, and run.
BACA is part of LEARN Behavioral, a national organization dedicated
to nurturing the unique potential of children with autism and
special needs. LEARN serves communities from coast to coast. And
we're growing every day.
LEARN Behavioral is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates interested in the following positions will find this
role similarly rewarding and are encouraged to apply: teacher,
psychologist, behavior analyst, speech and language pathologist,
occupational therapist, social worker, home health aide (HHA),
teacher aide, child care worker, instructor, counselor, education
assistant, home care worker, caregiver, mental health therapist,
childcare assistant, paraprofessional, life skills coach.
This position is similar to the following positions at other
companies: behavioral technician, behavior therapist, registered
behavior technician, RBT, board certified autism therapist, BCAT,
behavior treatment technician, ABA tutor, line therapist, behavior
interventionist, autism instructor, licensed behavior analyst, and
board certified behavior analyst.COVID Message:The health and
well-being of our clients, staff, and community are of the utmost
importance to LEARN Behavioral. With the continued presence of
COVID-19, we are committed to providing our essential services to
clients, while maintaining safety for everyone. Please consider our
practices on Face Coverings, Daily Health Screenings, and Employee
Vaccinations below before applying for one of our open positions:
- Face Coverings - LEARN follows the CDC's guidance and in most
locations, face coverings are optional. There are a few exceptions
where continued use of face coverings, such as local county and/or
payor mandates, is required. Please note that as the CDC guidance
changes, LEARN's face covering practices will also change.
- Daily Health Screenings - We follow local county guidelines,
and may adjust this practice as COVID-19 cases in your area
- Employee Vaccination - Employees are encouraged to be
vaccinated against COVID-19, as vaccination may be a requirement in
the future to comply with Executive and State/Local or Payor
Keywords: BACA, Elkhart , Behavior Therapist (ABA)-Paid RBT Training!, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!