RN, LPN, Ma
Company: Beacon Health System
Posted on: June 20, 2022
500 Arcade Avenue
Reports to the Practice Manager. Provides professional nursing care
in support of medical care as directed by the physician. Prepares
patients for examinations, administers medications, assists
physician in all aspects of care and completes laboratory duties as
necessary. Communicates with patients and physicians routinely in a
courteous manner. Performs other activities necessary to the
operation of the clinic.
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
* MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect
* VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
* SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on
Provides professional nursing care for patients and assists
physician in all aspects of care following established standards
and practices by:
* Performing general nursing care to patients and administering
prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing
* Checking rooms for supplies, preparing equipment and assisting
physician during treatment, examination, and testing of
* Maintaining orderly and timely flow of patients; ensuring
preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
* Greeting patients and preparing them for examination and taking
basic history, obtaining vital signs, and collecting specimens
(urine, etc.) as indicated.
* Scheduling patient testing, admissions, and referrals and
providing patients pretesting instructions.
* Maintaining and reviewing patient records and charts, posting
test results after review by physician, tracking test results.
Informing patient of test results and recommendations. Charting all
phone calls, advice, and other contact with patients.
* Responding to and referring incoming phone calls (nursing home,
pharmacy, patient, etc.). Calling in prescriptions and/or orders to
hospital at direction of or upon physician's order. Advising
patient under doctor's supervision. Instructing patient and family
regarding medications and treatment instructions.
* Completing HMO referral forms; transmitting information to
insurance companies for preadmission screening or utilization
* Assisting in patient education as needed, i.e., insulin teaching,
breast self exam, home blood pressure monitoring, etc.
* Assisting doctor in hospital or nursing home activities, rounds,
procedures, surgery, as mutually agreed upon.
* Assisting doctor in billing for hospital services, turning in
Performs other functions to maintain personal competence and
contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department by:
* Screening and referring pharmaceutical representatives.
* Maintaining file and follow-up system for critical follow-up
situations (such as abnormal mammogram, pap smear, etc.).
* Preparing and maintaining trays or carts for special procedures,
surgeries. Cleaning instruments as needed (sigmoidoscope, speculum,
etc.). Ensuring proper consent forms are completed and signed prior
to procedures or surgeries.
* Checking emergency cart on a monthly basis for expired medication
and ensuring sufficient quantity of medication is available (as
* Auditing narcotics and reporting any discrepancies to supervisor
* Maintaining cleanliness of exam rooms, proper clean up of spills
with special attention to body fluid precautions and contaminated
waste per OSHA guidelines; following universal precautions.
* Informing proper personnel when medications an d supplies need to
* Completing other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
Associate complies with the following organizational
* Attends and participates in department meetings and is
accountable for all information shared.
* Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department
specific education within established timeframes.
* Completes annual employee health requirements within established
* Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing
throughout fiscal year.
* Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current
BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by
* Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions,
protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient
* Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and
* Complies with established organization and department
* Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or
other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as
The Beacon Way:
* Leverage innovation everywhere.
* Cultivate human talent.
* Embrace performance improvement.
* Build greatness through accountability.
* Use information to improve and advance.
* Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and Experience
* The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are
normally acquired through successful completion of a nursing
program from an accredited school of nursing. A current license to
practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana and one year of related
nursing experience is required. One year of medical office nursing
experience is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
* Requires comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing theory
and practice to provide and evaluate patient care and competency in
performing nursing care procedures, observations, treatments, and
techniques used at the clinic.
* Requires knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to
administer patient care and knowledge of common safety hazards and
universal precautions to establish a safe working environment.
* Requires analytical ability to identify patient problems,
interpret data, and to assess patient conditions.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in
writing, in a clear and concise manner.
* Demonstrates high level interpersonal skills to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with team members, medical
staff, patients, family, and the public.
* Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and
* Works in a clinic environment with frequent exposure to
communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation,
medicinal preparations, bodily fluids, and bloodborne
* Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for
prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs, lift up to 50
pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds without
assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions
of the position.
Keywords: Beacon Health System, Elkhart , RN, LPN, Ma, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!