Infection Preventionist RN
Company: American Senior Communities
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Riverside Village is now hiring an Infection Preventionist -
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the
core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only
form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and
create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team
members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered
care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent
outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the
neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in
surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same
things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living
communities is based on the knowledge that we'll be part of your
neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our
hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in
senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a
Our commitment to our team members:
* PayActiv - Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of
your earned pay
* Quarterly wage increases and bonus opportunities (conditions
* Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans - Affordable, low cost
* Convenient telehealth services for all employees
* Tuition assistance and certification reimbursement
* PTO and holiday pay for full time staff
* 401k retirement plan
* Employee Referral Bonus Program - get paid to refer a friend to
join our team
* Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources
available for employees and household family members of
* Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and
common areas to help combat COVID-19
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at
American Senior Communities?
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the facility's
Infection Prevention and Control Program. The Infection
Preventionist is responsible for matching the learning needs of
nursing staff and non-nursing staff with educational programs
designed to meet dynamic resident care demands. The Infection
Preventionist is responsible for assessing educational needs of
staff, coordinating programs based upon identified needs, and
ensuring compliance with all State and Federal guidelines for
infection prevention and control, in-service education and new
employee orientation. May serve as the Clinical Education Nurse for
* A member of the facility's QAPI program and reports to the
committee on the Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP)
and Antibiotic Stewardship Program on a routine basis and as
* Monitor and tracks healthcare associated infections.
* Provide on-site management of the facility COVID-19 prevention
and response activities.
* Conducts infection prevention and control surveillance activities
and audits adherence to recommended infection control
* Provides competency-based training of healthcare personnel on
infection prevention and control practices.
* Completes Infection Prevention and Control/Antibiotic Stewardship
and Clinical Education QAPI summary minutes and makes
recommendations for corrective action.
* Monitors antibiotic usage and follows Antibiotic Stewardship
* Monitors immunization and TB screening for residents and
employees. Includes tracking and administering all PPDs and HBV for
all staff and new hires. Tracking and administering all PPDs, TB
screening, Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccinations for
* Licensure as Registered Nurse
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Clinical experience with an ongoing interest and enthusiasm for
creating educational programs that address the unique issues
associated with care of the aged.
* Advanced training in infection prevention and control by
certificate or through CDC training program.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members,
residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have
implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19
vaccination(s) for all employees and new hires. In accordance with
our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality
care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all
employees is essential for our customer's safety and health. New
hires, including rehires, will need to show evidence of full
vaccination on or before start or receive their first dose or one
dose vaccine prior to start date.
As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an
exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request
for their exemption through the process outlined in the electronic
onboarding paperwork. Should you have any questions regarding this,
please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority /
Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Keywords: American Senior Communities, Elkhart , Infection Preventionist RN, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!