Nurse Practitioner, Adult and/or Gerontology
Company: Valley View Healthcare Center
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Valley View Healthcare Center - Nurse Practitioner - Adult
and/or GerontologyTheCommuniCare Family of Healthcare Companiesin
conjunction with our newly formedMedical Practiceis currently
recruiting aNurse Practitionerwith a passion for delivering the
highest quality care for our residents atValley View Healthcare
Center.The Nurse Practitioner provides an enriched level of medical
care with a goal of increasing wellness, preventing illness, and
improving outcomes through early detection, wellness visits, and
timely diagnosis and/or treatment. This position must function as a
team member to ensure that work is accomplished, quality care is
delivered, and staff/patients are educated as needed. The Nurse
Practitioner is accountable to the team, the patients under his or
her care, and all facility/company administration to support and
carry out the mission and goals of the practice.Job duties &
- Medically manage patients in post-acute settings, including
nursing homes, assisted living facilities, residential care
facilities, hospice, and home sites.
- Provide direct care to identified patients and manage
behavioral patients and chronic disease patients by conducting
assessments and re-checks, ordering tests, prescribing medications
and treatment (under the supervision of the collaborating
- Review lab work, test results and conduct family interviews and
staff interviews to determine recommendations for care.
- Work with collaborating physician to determine appropriate
- Collaborate with primary care physicians, facility staff, and
- Assume a leadership role within the multi-disciplinary
- Identify/anticipate key health issues for residents.
- Educate nursing home staff, physicians, and
- Complete required charting in a timely manner for submission to
administrative office for billing within 24 hours of seeing the
- Ensure charge tickets are coded correctly and supported by
appropriate documentation in the patient chart.
- Adhere to all quality assurance initiatives and
- Participate in regular conference calls with administrative
team to discuss issues, concerns, and new information.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.Qualifications &
- Masters in Nursing
- Active State License
- Active DEA Certification
- 2 years experience preferred
- Nursing home experience preferredKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of coding.
- Must be knowledgeable of Administrative practices, standards of
practice and state practice acts and procedures, as well as laws,
regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with team members in all
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to implement them into existing practices.BenefitsAs a
CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO
plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from
life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage
from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer
match and Flexible Spending Accounts.About UsA family-owned
company, we have grown to become one of the nations largest
providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing
rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living
communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term
acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided
superior, comprehensive management services for the development and
management of adult living communities. We have a single job
description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch
the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring
Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members
care for and about one another.
Keywords: Valley View Healthcare Center, Elkhart , Nurse Practitioner, Adult and/or Gerontology, Healthcare , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!