Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Bonnell Aluminum
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Are you seeking an opportunity to show how your dedication and
experience can be an asset to an organization? Are you an
accomplished leader with vast knowledge and skill in a variety of
operating environments? Do you have a proven track record of
success in implementing new procedures and processes, which led to
cost savings and improved quality, safety, and profit? If you
answered yes to each of the questions then, this position is for
you! Reporting to the Finishing Manager, the Supervisor will lead
assigned lines and/or work units with the overall responsibility of
performance across the shift. People, Safety, Quality, Delivery,
and Cost are areas of importance - In That Order.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate within, and live by, the Code of Conduct for Tredegar
and Bonnell Aluminum Companies
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in
- Complete all qualifications training, testing, and
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures established by
OSHA, BONNELL, Bonnell, and Tredegar
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work
activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and
skill of personnel.
- Management of Personnel Resources- Motivating, developing and
directing employees as they work, identifying the best people for
- Monitor /assessing performance of yourself, other individuals,
or organization to make improvements or take corrective
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment,
and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and
correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of (Must
- Providing information by communicating verbally, by telephone,
e-mail, in person and/or in written text with Managers,
Supervisors, Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Oversees requisition of materials and supplies, such as tools,
equipment, or replacement
- Inspect, and measure completed work, using devices such as
computer prints, product samples and utilize visual inspection to
verify conformance to required product standards.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, or
maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment
- Develop, implement, or evaluate departmental policies and
- Inspecting production equipment or materials to identify the
cause of errors or other problems or defects in product.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - analyzing information
and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - developing
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge- keeping up-to-date
technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Knowledge/ Competencies: Monitoring- monitor/assess performance of
yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements
or take corrective action.
Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Speaking- Verbally communicate with others to convey information
Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are
verbally expressing), taking time to understand others' point of
view, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose which is most
Quality- Conducting inspections of personnel procedures, products,
or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Reading Comprehension- Understanding written language in work
Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through the spoken word.
Oral Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas
verbally so others will comprehend.
Visual Comprehension- The ability to see details at close range
(within a few feet of the observer).
Deductive Reasoning- The ability to apply general rules to specific
problems to produce answers that are comprehensible.
Work Environment/ Physical DemandsThe work requires moderate
physical exertion. The work environment involves hazards, risks or
discomforts typical of working with or around machinery with
exposed moving parts, irritant chemicals and heavy equipment.
Exposure to disagreeable weather conditions and extreme levels of
temperature, ventilation, lighting and sounds are normal.
Protective clothing or gear and specific standards or procedures
are required. Maintains awareness of hazards and aware of proper
and required Personal Protective Equipment.
TravelSome out of the area and overnight travel may be
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma is required, a college degree is
- Previous work experience and knowledge of Anodizing Plant
- Knowledge: Administration and management, public safety,
computers and electronics, personnel and human resources,
production and processing.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Keywords: Bonnell Aluminum, Elkhart , Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!