Human Resources Generalist
Company: Morgan Advanced Materials
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials
science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We
operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications
expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator,
engineering high-specification materials, components and
sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical
The Thermal Ceramics division designs, manufactures and installs a
broad range of thermal insulation products that significantly
reduce energy consumption and emissions in a variety of high
temperature processing applications. Our product offering is
extensive and covers application needs from Industrial to
Group Key Figures: Revenue -910m (2020), -7,500 employees,
manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A
UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on
London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Responsibilities:The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily
functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including
interviewing, hiring and onboarding of staff, pay, benefits, and
leave administration, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Under the direction of the HR Manager US, engages with contract
laborers, employee relations, training and education for employees,
development, and employee engagement initiatives.
This position is responsible for performing HR administrative
duties working closely with HR staff in supporting overall business
objectives. The HR Generalist is responsible for assisting with
employee benefits including supporting the company Time and
Attendance/Payroll System and HRI Systems. Additional tasks include
assisting in the planning and execution of employee events and
activities and supporting temporary staffing. Helps support
policies, procedures and HR programs, aligned with organizational
goals, and ensuring compliance with company standards, and state
and federal regulatory requirement.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licenses, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred in HR, Business Adminsistration, or
related field or equivalent years of experience and
- Customer focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail a must. Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess superior organization, communications, presentation
skills, critical thinking, EQ, and the ability to communicate
comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, independent
judgment and be a self-starter who works with integrity while also
being a strong team player.
- Office 365, MS Suite, HRIS experience, good report writing and
data analysis skills
- Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or,
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(3)Prefererd
- At least one year of HR management preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit
- Knowledge of human resources best practices and processes
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer
Keywords: Morgan Advanced Materials, Elkhart , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!