Posted on: November 19, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY :
Provide overall generalist support for the Human Resources function
to attain plant and departmental goals and objectives. Provide
human relations support for all employees in the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist with all employee relations activities.
- Coordinate staffing for all hourly positions. This includes
coordinating staffing with temporary staffing agencies as well as
the internal job posting system.
- Organize and lead the orientation process for all new employees
- temporary and direct-hire.
- Organize and conduct interviews for all hourly positions.
- Maintain employee personnel files for all hourly employees.
This includes filing as necessary.
- Lead internal teams such as Communication Link Team, 8-D Teams,
United Way Team, and Picnic Team among others.
- Assist with internal investigations.
- Assist with progressive disciplinary process and
- Maintain the HRIS system (SAP) for all employees including new
hire and change in status information. This includes data entry on
a regular basis.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of various
training programs for employees and assure training records are in
accordance with QS9000 procedures.
- Work with Tenneco Benefits Center and support employees with
benefit issues and questions.
- Complete unemployment paperwork to submit to the unemployment
office or third party administrator.
- Coordinate various functions such as retirement parties,
picnics, and going away parties.
- Other miscellaneous projects or duties assigned.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety,
environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as
outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work
- Overtime as required. Flexibility to work within a three shift
operation for employee accommodation.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Complete employment verifications as necessary.
- Assist with payroll issues.
- Champion departmental BOS measurable.
*This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as
assigned by the supervisor.
CRITICAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of
Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Human Resources required.
- Proficiency with software programs including word processing
and spreadsheets required.
- A true desire to help others is a must.
- A team player who is results driven, able to work under
pressure, has strong leadership skills, high energy, strong
organizational skills, is empathetic and able to deal with issues
in an open, honest manner
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
employees or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to the employees and
the management group.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Office environment - includes, but not limited to, artificial
lighting, computers, telephones, desks, temperature
- Manufacturing environment - includes, but not limited to,
artificial lighting, machine/equipment noise, some welding exhaust,
non-controlled temperatures, and PPE required.
- Some travel which could include an overnight stay.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Ability to sit frequently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the plant in both the office and
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Manual dexterity for computer work.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner.
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and
marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Elkhart , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!