Forklift Field Service Technician / Mechanic
Company: Alta Equipment
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Overview About the Company: Alta Equipment Company is one of the Great Lakes leading equipment dealers, offering a wide variety of products including gas and electric forklifts, a diverse line of construction equipment and materials handling products. Alta brings 34 years of experience in service efficiency and fleet management to its customer base, providing rapid response and innovative solutions. We are a growing, progressive, multi-location distributor with 24 locations and over 900 employees based in Michigan, Northern Indiana and Illinois. Our core commitment is to provide outstanding service that exceeds our customers' expectations. Alta's Guiding Principles are that we Invest in the Best, we have a Passion for Excellence, we promote Mutual Respect, we are One Team, and we develop relationships that create Customers for Life. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health with 3 PPO plans to choose from
- Delta Dental
- EyeMed voluntary vision
- UNUM company paid life, short and long term disability insurances
- Voluntary life and long term disability buy up
- Legal and identity theft insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- Paid holidays
- Personal and vacation time
- 401(k) with company match Responsibilities The Position and Job Responsibilities: Our Industrial Equipment Group is currently looking for a full time Forklift Field Service Technician / Mechanic for our Elkhart, IN branch. This position is first shift, M - F, and hourly (no flat rate!). Field Technicians are provided a company service van, which is provided for our Techs to drive home (you don't leave it at our shop at the end of the day), along with a fuel card. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Performing preventative maintenance on customer forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Diagnose and repair all forms of customer equipment
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Proper completion and submission of all required paperwork
- Field Technicians are responsible for company vehicle and on-board parts inventory
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house paid training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a Technician. Also, company uniforms are provided! Qualifications Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years of previous forklift repair expereince is highly desired, which includes experience in the Military, Guard or Reserve with an MOS or NEC code of 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63Y, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M or CM
- Previous field experience is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of electric and liquid propane units
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Possess own tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver's license to drive company vehicle
- Computer programs - HYPASS, Hyster TKC training software and Yale/Hyster contact management system
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear; Occasionally will sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration Other Opportunities at Alta: Please visit our careers page at to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company about this posting We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Alta Equipment, Elkhart , Forklift Field Service Technician / Mechanic, IT / Software / Systems , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!