Senior Software Engineer
Company: ACTIA Corporation
Posted on: December 7, 2018
SummaryWork as a member of the Engineering team to assist the engineers in producing a smooth efficient flow of quality work through the department. This is a position for someone with a proven track record in software engineering. Effective communication skills (both written and spoken) and experience working with a development team are required as well. The successful candidate would work at the ISO9001:2008 certified ACTIA facility in Elkhart, IN.
- Experience developing real-time embedded software for 8/16/32 bit micro controllers using "C". Automotive experience is preferred. Renesas or STM32 experience is a plus.
- ITAR is required
- Experience in structured software development cycle including software verification and validation.
- Experience with CAN development tools such as Vector CANalyzer/CAPL or Intrepid Vehicle Spy 3.
- Experience in software projects with several team members and/or integrated product teams.
- Experience with version control/configuration management tools such as Subversion.
- Experience in embedded Linux is a plus.
- Software architecture experience is a plus.General Responsibilities (90%)
- Follow all steps in a software development process including analysis, design, implementation, and test. This includes creating software as well as requirements, design, testing, and process-related documentation.
- Request and perform peer reviews.
- Estimate the time required to complete projects and delivery dates for prototypes & software changes.
- Interface with all members of interdisciplinary team for product development and release to manufacturing.
- Interface with customers as needed to support analysis, quoting, and validation activities.
- Assist in the production startup of products (interaction with other departments for completing prototypes and projects). Miscellaneous Duties (10%)
- Provide technical assistance to customers applying and servicing ACTIA products
- Investigate new technologies, processes, and methods for improving efficiencies, increasing competitiveness and generating new products
- Offer training assistance to software engineers
- Maintain time records and project reports as required
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer or members of the office or business community. Travel: Occasional travel to customers and vendors, with overnight stays, may be required. Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Read, analyze, sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. - provided by Dice BS or higher in Computer Science, Electronics, or Mathematics or equivalent.
Keywords: ACTIA Corporation, Elkhart , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!