Welding Assistant 2nd Shift (Starting $15.72 plus Shift Differential)
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2021
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46 Why Valmont
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you
join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to
changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want
problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and
innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure,
irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products
and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.How
you will contributeValmont is currently seeking a highly motivated
and talented individual for the Welding Assistant position in the
Welding department. We are looking for a highly driven individual
that will assist aluminum welders with daily shop activities in a
fast paced manufacturing environment. Additionally, you will...
- Determine needed component parts for welders
- Prepare components for welding by fitting together in a "ready
to weld" condition
- Work from shop copies, drawings, and other written instructions
within tolerances required for proper structural connections.What
it takesRequired Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year prior experience in a manufacturing/production
- Ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to accurately take measurements using standard
measuring devicesWorking Environment/Physical Efforts
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Reaching: Extending hands(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Exerting up
to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Able to use hand tools, including files, hammers, snips; power
tools such as sanders, drills, riveters, and grinders.
- Proficiency in working with hand tools and common metal shop
tasksHighly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Prior aluminum welding experience
- Vocational training in welding- AWS certification
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional resultsValmont does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If
you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the
application for employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Welding Assistant 2nd Shift (Starting $15.72 plus Shift Differential), Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!