Medical Records Coordinator
Company: Valley View Healthcare Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Valley View Healthcare Center -
Valley View Healthcare Center, a member of the
CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for
aMedical Records Coordinatorto join our team.
The Medical Records Coordinator position exists to ensure active
and inactive medical records contain sufficient documentation to
accurately reflect the residents condition from admission through
discharge and to protect records from breaches of confidentiality
and from unauthorized use, theft, and damage. This position must
work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is
accomplished in a timely, effective, well organized, and safe
manner, while focusing on delivering quality resident care. The
position must also manage the resources that are available to them
in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits records of new admissions according to established
criteria to assure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with
- Audits active and inactive records for assure completeness,
accuracy, and compliance with State/Federal regulations.
- Audit discharge records according to established criteria to
assure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with State/Federal
- Audit Medical Leave of Absence records upon transfer and
- Maintain Discharge record filing system in an accessible manner
for prompt retrieval of records.
- Compiles and files closed records.
- Ensures medical records are thinned according to established
policy and procedures.
- Processes resident medical documentation to be filed.
- Perform all other general and/or specific clerical duties
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, education
classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
program, and safety, environmental, and infection control
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Prevous related experience preferred
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO
plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from
life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage
from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer
match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nations
largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled
nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted
living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and
long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have
provided superior, comprehensive management services for the
development and management of adult living communities. We have a
single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our
hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we
create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and
family members care for and about one another.
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In
conjunction with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering
free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your
family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no
Keywords: Valley View Healthcare Center, Elkhart , Medical Records Coordinator, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!