Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people
doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC
Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of
metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products
and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and
join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive
Requisition ID : 7033
Employment Type : Part Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Elkhart, IN (Whse)
State or Province : Indiana (US-IN)
Potential Work Location : United States : Indiana : Elkhart
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Manually select product for orders and prepare for shipment.
Transport pallets on motorized pallet jacks throughout our Customer
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to
perform the following duties satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these duties.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Picks all required items from bins.
- Loads, unloads, moves product by hand.
- Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e., electric pallet jack
- Operates advanced warehouse vehicles (i.e., turret truck and/or
- Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and
- Inspects products for damage or improper packaging.
- Uses RF equipment to validate items.
- Prepares items for transfers to other MSC distribution
- Loads, unloads, moves skidded items for large products.
- Counts items.
- Supports the Safety Culture by following established
- Engages in the local Safety Culture through safety team support
and offering safety suggestions.
- Assists department supervisors in identifying risk to
associates or the business and mitigate those risks.
- Batches orders and assigns packing slips to pick product to
totes via RF scanning.
- Pulls items from flat stock to fill orders.
- Picks items from racks.
- Performs all duties following safety guidelines.
- Performs to specified productivity and quality
- Participates in work clean program.
- Contacts MSC department's supervisor to resolve discrepancies
and/or send items to clipboard to resolve discrepancies.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the
company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can
be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties
JOB TITLE: Merchandise Selector (cont'd)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Position may require a valid state driver's license.
- Basic computer skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 75 pounds
- individual or team lift), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing
stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, and repetitive
twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing
(including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of
mental coordination. Must be able to wear personal protective
equipment as required for position. Must be able to operate at
heights up to 50 feet. Mentally alert for entire shift.
- May be required to work overtime to meet customer's needs.
- Must be required to obtain internal certification to drive
warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- May be required to obtain internal certification to pick DOT
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our
customers to help them drive business results. With more than one
million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across
industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater
productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory
management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help
our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our
team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your
contributions, training and professional development opportunities,
as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's
health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team,
you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
any category protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Elkhart
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend