Warehouse Worker- 14014
Company: Huttig - Cape Girardeau
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental Pay: $1,500 signing bonus
Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to
join our warehouse team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest
wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork
for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's
top building products and millwork- including doors, windows,
columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with
top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for receiving and
coordinating the distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and
products. They are also responsible for delivering products to
customers. They primarily unload and load shipments and maintain
inventory in a clean optimally functioning warehouse. To be
successful in this role, the Warehouse Worker must be detailed
oriented, efficient, and maintain a safe work environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package- $17-$19 per hour
- Career advancement opportunities- CDL Driver training and pay
- TeamstersCare health benefits
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read customer shipping order to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed.
- Receive shipments by processing paperwork, checking contents,
and moving materials from receiving areas to designated areas using
a forklift, hand truck, or rolling cart.
- Sort and place materials on racks, shelves, or bins according
to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or
- Compile worksheets or tickets for customer specifications.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets
or shelves; convey orders to packing station or shipping
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Record amounts of items received and distributed; maintain
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Use computer to enter records; compile worksheets or tickets
based on customer specifications.
- Perform daily cycle counts; locate and identify inventory
adjustments and errors.
- Attend safety trainings and meetings; comply with OSHA and
company safety policy.
- Perform routine maintenance on tools used; clean and check
tools to ensure proper functioning; notifying a supervisor of
larger repairs or malfunctions.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years' related experience and/or training preferred
Certificates, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Forklift certification required
- Minimum 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such a forklift
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 75-100 pounds
- Strong attention to detail and team oriented
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence,
- Work regularly in outdoor area
- Use of PPE such as protective eyewear, earplugs, and hard toe
- Noise level is usually loud
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime opportunities
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free
workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Huttig - Cape Girardeau, Elkhart , Warehouse Worker- 14014, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!