Quality Control Inspector
Company: Wheels Up
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Wheels Up is looking for a world-class Quality Control Inspector
to join our team of dedicated and passionate professionals, fueled
by the most powerful brand in private aviation, as we continue our
mission of democratizing the private aviation space through
cutting-edge technology and innovative product and service
- Ensure that repair station records, work order reports and
forms are completed properly prior to releasing product for return
- Assist in determining that no defective, unserviceable or
unairworthy parts are installed in any component or article
released by the repair station.
- Execute and maintain the list of Service Difficulty Reports by
properly completing and submitting the report within 96 hours.
- Complete all required FAA form 337's and submit them to the
Manager of Maintenance Technical Services.
- Perform the final acceptance of all incoming material, new
parts, suppliers and airworthiness of articles on which work has
been performed outside the repair station by contract.
- Perform airworthiness inspections on articles of which work has
been performed outside the repair station.
- Perform preliminary, hidden damage, in-progress and final
inspections on all articles processed by the repair station.
- Oversee the proper tagging and identification of all parts and
components to ensure that rejected or non-repairable parts are
properly marked, quarantined and rendered unusable.
- Proper and timely completion of assigned tasks in accordance
with the policies and procedures set forth in the manual.
- Perform Preliminary Package Review of assigned Outsource
Maintenance for the 135 certificates
- Provide oversite for the Calibrated Tooling Program.
- Ensure proper Required Inspection Item procedures are adhered
to and to notify the Director of Quality or the Manager of Aircraft
Maintenance upon completion.
- To understand and follow procedures out of the aircraft
manufacture maintenance manuals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the
Director of Quality or higher authority.
- Performs inspections on assigned maintenance, preventive
maintenance, and alterations in a professional manner, ensuring the
quality of workmanship meets standard industry practices and
complies with manufactures specifications, applicable CFR's and
- Be familiar with inspection methods, techniques and equipment
used in their specialty to determine quality or airworthiness.
- High school diploma, or GED required
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- 1-year experience as a maintenance supervisor and/or
- Inspection Authorization preferred.
- CFR 145 Repair Station experience preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of the FAR's.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds and /or more on a regular
- Must be able to bend and / or squat repeatedly and stand for
long periods of time.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Wheels Up Story
At Wheels Up, the leading private aviation company, we connect
flyers to private aircraft - and one another - to deliver
exceptional, personalized experiences - and we're building an
innovative marketplace to do so at scale. We are realizing our
vision of making private flying and the private flying lifestyle
accessible to millions of individuals, families, and businesses
around the world.
Today, Wheels Up is the trusted private aviation solution for
over 9,000 Members and Customers through our comprehensive suite of
product offerings. With the Wheels Up App, Members and Customers
can search, book, and fly on private from the world's largest
marketplace of safety-vetted and verified private aircraft planes,
totaling over 1,500, whenever they have a travel need.
Over the last two years, Wheels Up has grown significantly by
making several strategic acquisitions to accelerate our existing
growth. These acquisitions, in addition to entering a
groundbreaking partnership with Delta Air Lines has enabled us to
provide unparalled experiences across private and commercial air
In February 2021, Wheels Up entered into a merger agreement with
a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) called Aspirational
Consumer Lifestyle Corp., in order to become a publicly traded
company. At that time, Wheels Up was appraised at an enterprise
valuation north of $2B
Come join Wheels Up - One of the fastest-growing and most
innovative private aviation companies in the industry!
Keywords: Wheels Up, Elkhart , Quality Control Inspector, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!