Quality Lab Technician
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Extruded Solutions is Hydro's largest and most global business
area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and
profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from
windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded
Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but
we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion
North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: Elkhart, IN
Summary: This employee will work closely with all departments,
including Production, Tooling, Maintenance, Shipping and the
Packing Department to ensure product quality and
production/delivery requirements are met.
- Operates Lab Equipment: Trained to effectively operate
equipment in the laboratory ranging from CNC sample preparation to
tensile testing and, depending on the lab, OES spectrometry.
- Becomes Testing Process Expert: Over time, develops a strong
knowledge base for the mechanics of tensile testing and other tests
performed in the lab. Works to gain understanding the metallurgy of
- Interprets Customer Testing Requirements: Can identify
differences in testing requirements between industry and customer
specific. Flags compliance issues which deviate from the
- Maintains Lab Equipment: Participates in all required PM
activities and reports equipment performance issues immediately to
the Lab Supervisor.
- Compliance Reporting: Required to operate with 100% compliance
to new standards for data management and control. Required to
immediately report any and all compliance issues identified within
- Leads Product Dispositioning: Coordinates production go / no-go
dispositioning when non-conformances occur.
- Supports Quality Engineering: Supports the quality engineers in
daily activities such as trial coverage, data collection, data
analysis and product inspection.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing computer terminal; expansive reading; visual
inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of
machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or
assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Basic computer and math skills
- Basic knowledge/use of measuring equipment (micrometers,
calipers, indicators, taper gauges & height gauges)
- Able to read blue prints for parts
Education and Work Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you're part of a bigger story. A story shaped by
Please apply before:
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where
all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications
of the individual as related to the work requirements of the
position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any
other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the
application, please let us know by completing this form.
Posted on: May 27, 2021
Elkhart, IN, US, 46514
Department: Quality Lab
Business Area: Extruded Solutions(EXSO)
Legal Entity: Hydro Extruder LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Nearest Major Market: Elkhart
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Keywords: Norsk Hydro ASA, Elkhart , Quality Lab Technician, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!