CNC Setup Operator
$21/hr, plus $1200 new hire bonus, see details below
Proven documented experience setting up, trouble shooting, and
operating all phases of CNC Lathe Machining Centers, including but
not limited to: Bar Feeder Lathes, Single & Double Turret Lathes &
Index Chuck, Custom Thread Lathe & Okuma-Howa.
• Set-up and operate all CNC Lathe machining centers to complete
daily work orders.
• Ability to read and interpret component prints or drawings, make
average to complicated arithmetic calculations, and resolve
• Must be proficient in use of measuring devices (i.e. micrometers
• Must understand G Codes (Okuma).
• Must be able to read, understand, & edit programs for Bar
• Demonstrate ability to enter and edit programs to ensure proper
• Mounting, installing, aligning, and securing tools, attachments,
fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and
precision measuring instruments.
• Utilize knowledge of machining processes to produce quality
• Conduct first piece & hourly inspection to ensure quality
• Successfully demonstrated trouble shooting and problem-solving
• Understands the preventative maintenance requirements of CNC
Lathes and implements maintenance based on defined schedules.
• Understands the 5S and Workplace Organization of Lathe
work-centers and demonstrates ability to maintain each work area
within these guidelines.
• Must demonstrate ability to complete parts to the established
o Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
o Ability to efficiently work with internal departments to deliver
what is needed
o Reacts with appropriate urgency to situations and events that
require quick response or turnaround
• PROCESS IMPROVEMENT:
o Commitment to excellence and goal oriented
o Proactive rather than reactive. Able to avoid mistakes that
could/should be anticipated.
o Solid problem-solving skills
o Reports to work on time and communicates schedule changes
promptly to supervisor.
o Schedules time off in advance.
o Keeps absences within guidelines.
o Maintains the highest standards of safety in performing all
• QUALITY OF WORK:
o Ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and
formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment,
experience, and common sense.
o Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management
o Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
o Able to build productive working relationships with internal
personnel based on respect and good rapport.
o Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently.
o Show a willingness to assist other team members as
o Consistently demonstrates a "can-do" attitude.
Shift start: 7:00AM or 10:30PM
Shift length: 8 hours
Monday - Friday
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
At least 1-year of experience as a CNC Machinist
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$1200 new hire incentive
Bonus paid out in 30/60/90 day installments
About Safe Fleet Holdings
Headquartered in Belton, MO, Safe Fleet owns a portfolio of
brands that provide safety and productivity solutions to fleet
vehicle manufacturers and operators around the world. These brands
serve several major markets including: Bus, Rail, RV, Truck &
Trailer, Work Truck, Law Enforcement, Emergency, Waste, Industrial,