Operator Directional Drill Crew - Elkhart, IN - $2500 Hiring Bonus Eligible
Company: TCS Communications, LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company:TCS Communications, LLC ("TCS") provides
specialty-contracting services from fill service turnkey project
management to specialized applications meeting telecommunications
industry needs, Services include placing poles, anchors and guys,
aerial strand and cable, direct buried pipe, trenching cable,
conventional and directional boring, placing underground conduit
systems, performing inside wiring and cabling, and testing and
maintenance services .Overview:A Drill Crew Operator will performs
tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television
or telephone systems. We're looking for Drill Crew Operator who is
ready to make a difference by building tomorrow's Utility
Infrastructure. Must have a valid Commercial Class "A" Driver's
License. ***Candidates with 12 months of verifiable utility
construction experience are eligible for $2500 Gross Hiring Bonus,
for applications received between 1/3/2022 to 3/31/2022, start work
- Safely sets up work-zone
- Safely operates directional drills on jobsite including daily
calibration of locator and drill head
- Safely potholes, windows, and identifies all utilities in the
construction area and bore path
- Safely and correctly connect/stub-up conduit and wire
- Dig pits, trenches or potholes as directed by job plan
including windows when crossing utilities
- Restores and/or landscapes disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Demonstrates job skill, procedures and techniques to crew
- Responsible for the site set-up and clean-up
- Other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and
- Possess a valid driver's license or be eligible and willing to
obtain the required license for the position
- A good driving record is required
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers,
homeowners, and customers.
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approximately
20 feet in height.
- Ability to lift and/or pull 50 pounds several times a day.
- Ability to read and build from blueprints and/or wire
- Possess a valid driver's license or be eligible and willing to
obtain the required license for the position.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary.
- Must be willing to train.Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year previous experience or training
- Knowledge and understanding of "safety systems" and strike
alerts associated with the drill including set-up and emergency
- Knowledge and understanding of loading, unloading and transport
procedures for the drill
- Knowledge and understanding of drilling fluids and proper
mixing procedures for ground conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of and perform proper daily
maintenance of the drill
- Knowledge and understanding of the proper care and rotation of
- Knowledge and understanding of support equipment operation,
digging equipment, vacuum-units and reel trailers
- Must have CDL Class "A" driver's licensePhysical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 LBS regularly and up to 100 LBS
as needed with or without assistance .
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include
but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures;
inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well
as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day
5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on
weekends, for emergencies or on-call.
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to
stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel
as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and
- The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing,
crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust,
fumes or other airborne pathogens. Safety Requirements:
- The Operator shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The Operator shall not engage in unsafe acts
- The Operator is expected to attend and participate in all
safety meetings and training.
- The Operator shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is
required to safety do the job at hand.
- The Operator shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or
her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The Operator shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
- Endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions. Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Saving Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
- Tuition ReimbursementInterested in learning more about our
Company, please visit www.tcscomm.comIND1Applicants are required to
pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and
adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements
and training provided by the company as
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on
disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is
not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state,
or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants
or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also
the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and
federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the
EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement.
Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an
absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories.Applicants applying for positions in
Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged
records of convictions.ExperienceRequired
- 2 - 3 years: Directional Drill OperatorEducationRequired
- High School or betterLicenses & CertificationsRequired
- Comm Drivers License - ASkillsRequired
- Construction Equipment OperationBehaviorsRequired
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellMotivationsRequired
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Keywords: TCS Communications, LLC, Elkhart , Operator Directional Drill Crew - Elkhart, IN - $2500 Hiring Bonus Eligible, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!