Qualified Medication Aide QMA $5000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Valley View Healthcare Center
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Valley View Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare
Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Qualified
Medication Aide QMA to join our team.$5000 Sign On Bonus!!Full Time
Positions Available on 1st or 3rd Shift.We truly appreciate our
nursing team . . . and we want you to feel it!THAT'S WHY WE OFFER .
- Starting Wages up to $26.50 (based upon experience and
- Weekend Option Program-Work every weekend and receive premium
pay wages up to $27.5 (based upon experience and shift)
- Various shifts to include full-time, part-time and PRN
- Daily Pay! Work today, get paid tomorrow!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Uniforms
- Great Health Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance and much, much, more!PURPOSE/BELIEF
STATEMENT:The position of the Certified Medication Technician
exists to provide routine medication administration and personal
care for residents to assure that the highest degree of quality
resident care is maintained at all times. This position must work
effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished
and quality care is delivered while supporting team members and
celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality
resident care, the position must also manage the resources that are
available to them in their job.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and administer medication in accordance with physician's
orders and state/federal regulations.
- Display knowledge of side effects, interactions, and nursing
implications of common medications.
- Account for controlled drugs each shift and report any
- Charting -routine medications, medication omissions,
documentation of PRN medication given with follow up, and any other
- Maintain inventory of medications.
- Rounds with nurse and physician.
- Prepare monthly medication records.
- Provide personal care and treatment function for
- Perform basic nursing care functions as required.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents
and ensure that their needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation records for activities of daily
living, restorative programs, and resident specific forms.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational,
classes, and orientation programs to maintain certification and
enhance the quality of care.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
and safety programs, and environmental and infection control
standards.QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or be
eligible to enter such a program and graduate and pass a state test
within 120 days from date of employment.
- An understanding of medication administration procedures and
successful completion of a state approved training course.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- An understanding of resident care procedures and
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to seek new methods and principles and
be willingness to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident's
condition.BenefitsAs a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy
competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a
menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical,
dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also
offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending
Accounts.About UsA family-owned company, we have grown to become
one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care, which
includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care
centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation
centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we
have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the
development and management of adult living communities. We have a
single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our
hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we
create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and
family members care for and about one another.#MidwestNorth
Keywords: Valley View Healthcare Center, Elkhart , Qualified Medication Aide QMA $5000 Sign On Bonus, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!