Shipper 1st & 2nd Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2022
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46 Why Valmont Welcome to
Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our
team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing
lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem
solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation
for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation,
tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish
croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and
services make a difference.This position starts around $21.00 per
hour. This positions hours are Monday-Friday 4:00AM-2:00PM.A Brief
Summary of This Position: The Shipper - must be a highly driven
individual that is responsible for the picking and packing of pipe,
tubing and small parts, as per shipping orders and pick sheet.
Responsible for the checking of the proper identification of
material being shipped by size, gauge, length, count and quality.
- Responsible for picking and packing of pipe, tubing, and small
parts as per shipping orders and pick sheet.
- Inspect to ensure that products meet established quality
standards and quantities are correct for each order.
- Ability to lift an average weight of 20 to 40 pounds, 40% of
the time (i.e., all small parts, arms and pedestal bases), and lift
50 pound containers 5-10 times per shift.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and
- Ability to operate fork lifts, overhead cranes, power tools,
and packaging equipment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.Important Details
about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality,
productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.Required Qualifications
of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft
Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards
in a high-paced working environment.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility
- One (1) to three (3) years relevant shipping or loading
experience.Maintain a safe and productive working environmentHighly
Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of previous experience in a
painting or manufacturing position.
- Experience operating overhead cranes and forklift.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results.Educational Background
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measureValmont does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran
status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you have a
disability and require any assistance in filling out the
application for employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Shipper 1st & 2nd Shift, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!