Paint Associate 2nd Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150Why Valmont -We're
Here to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people
around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many
ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population,
supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to
renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to
create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont
is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital
infrastructure to make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that
respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees
as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the
modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply
This position starts at $20+ per hour.
Valmont is urgently hiring to fill various roles in support of
operations at our Elkhart facility, including Paint Associates
(e.g., Machine Operators) (2 Openings)*
A Brief Summary of This Position: -The Paint Associate A position
is an individual contributor in the Paint Department. This person
must be a highly driven individual that will prepare Valmont
products prior to painting, ensure high quality finishes after the
painting process, and package the finished product for
- Hang and unhang parts such as light poles, arms, bases, and
small components as needed.
- Blasts the product using a blasting cabinet and ensures the
product has a sufficient blast profile.
- Responsible for blowing shot and dust off parts and repairs all
damaged galvanizing and removes all oil and contaminates.
- Responsible for final visual quality check of poles.
- Installs all post finish attachments and package poles and
- Performs basic maintenance on blasting, rigging, and packaging
- Ability to lift an average weight of 20 to 40 pounds, 40% of
the time (i.e., all small parts, arms and pedestal bases), and lift
50 pound containers 5-10 times per shift.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and
- Ability to spend 100% of the shift standing, walking, sitting,
bending, squatting, balancing, stooping, kneeling and lifting in
the process of preparing and/or coating of all poles and parts
within the department.
- Ability to operate fork lifts, overhead cranes, power tools,
packaging equipment, lowerators, and blasting equipment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- Helps train employees in proper packaging, blasting, and
- Must be able to determine the acceptance or rejection of
finished coated poles and small parts according to standard
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work
environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete
and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality,
productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft
Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards
in a high-paced working environment.
- Rack and unrack parts, brush off, fill, sand, and clean parts
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check.
- Maintain and operate blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of previous experience in a painting or manufacturing
- Experience operating overhead cranes and forklift.
- Experience using dry mill thickness gauges, wet film thickness
gauges and micrometers.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time
keeping functions, interface with machines and other equipment
Working Environment and Physical Efforts: The job is performed in
an indoor shop environment. - The temperature range can be from 100
degrees in the summer to about 50 degrees in the winter. - Most
operations may expose employee to some type of disagreeable working
conditions (wind, cold, heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, vibration,
water, or oil). - Working conditions may vary with specific work
assignments. - Exposure to electrical hazards, grease, loud noises,
and outside elements occur continually or regularly. - Extreme care
should be taken to prevent damage to equipment or department
personnel in the area of operations especially when performing
setups. - The job requires safety glasses, hearing protection, and
metatarsal safety shoes be worn at all times. - The employee must
be able to spend the entire work shift on their feet within the
shop environment. The incumbent must also be able to wear the
required personal protective equipment (PPE) for working in the
production facility.Valmont does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran
status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
-Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Paint Associate 2nd Shift, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!