Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 27, 2022
If you enjoy working outdoors and managing a team, then we have
an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to
brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and
surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land
acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Old FarmApartments is looking for a professional and motivated
individual to join our team as a Grounds Supervisor. Grounds
Supervisors promote the community, supervise and assign tasks to
the grounds staff and are capable of performing all grounds staff
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Monitor adherence to company policies and procedures, OSHA,
state/local/federal laws, fair housing and safety compliance.
- Able to read and follow instructions, warnings, policies and
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths
and development opportunities.
- Work with team members to develop goals and action plans to
- Oversee the general upkeep and cleanliness of all grounds,
sidewalks, buildings, corridors, stairwells, community laundry
areas, mechanical rooms, parking lots, dumpsters and
- Evaluate contractor projects upon completion to ensure high
quality and contract compliance.
- Meet work order deadlines.
- Present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Maintain company vehicle (if applicable) and vehicle inspection
- Assist with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends (as needed).
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor.Requirements,
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally
and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as
climbing ladders and stairs, walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Able to lift above shoulder height and push or pull up to 80
- Able to learn, understand and use property management software
- Take initiative to work alongside the team as necessary to
- Able to effectively train and supervise team members.
- Experience in irrigation systems preferred.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and
a DMV record acceptable to company's liability insurance
provider.Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on
all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment homeWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit
qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Elkhart , Grounds Supervisor, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!