Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Church World Service, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Team: Service Center/Finance
Salary: $21.36 - $25.13/hour
Location: Elkhart, IN office, some remote flexibility
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working
to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice
around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the
provision of services.
Responsible for accounting and related clerical duties involved in
issuing payments by check or electronic transfer in an accurate and
timely manner for expenses which have been prepared and
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving,
processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, expense
statements, and other payment requests
- Prepares and processes ACH payments, wire payments, and check
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation
and budgetary approval, verification of calculations, and accurate
application of coding in accordance with the CWS General Ledger
Chart of Accounts, CWS policies, and accounting standards.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Assists as requested with the daily cash flow statement.
- Assists as requested with monthly reconciliations of various
CWS bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assists with annual 1099 preparation and processing.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training
- Other duties as requested.
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork capabilities
- PC proficiency
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Data entry and general math skills.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
CWS' U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to
provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no
longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant,
who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical
condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects
vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may
contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable
accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
---403 (b) Retirement Plan
---Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
---Paid Time Off
---Life Insurance and AD&D
---Long Term and Short Term Disability
---Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
---Health Savings Account
---Flexible Spending Accounts
Keywords: Church World Service, Inc., Elkhart , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!