Company: Teachers Credit Union
Posted on: May 22, 2023
We are searching for an experienced Full-Time Universal Banker
at our CR 6 Service Center.Elkhart, Indiana 46514Essential
FunctionResponsible for providing high quality service on a wide
variety of general financial services. This role is also
responsible for the sales and servicing of all credit union
products and services, while focusing on building relationships and
expanding TCU's wallet share. Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a high level of member service in accordance with the
TCU Service Expectations.
- This position will perform a broad variety of member service
functions with accuracy and in a timely manner. These functions may
include, but are not limited to, cash handling, financial
transactions, account maintenance, opening new accounts, operating
an ITM (Interactive Teller Machine) and supporting MCC (Member
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality
about member account information.
- Meets or exceeds established referral and sales goals, by
listening for clues in conversations, asking open-ended questions,
assisting with product promotions, or referring the member to the
appropriate partner to address their need.
- Assists in outbound call efforts by reviewing, updating and
calling on prospect lists, following up with members and calling on
call campaigns regularly.
- May assume additional retail functions including, but not
limited to drawer audits, member account maintenance, and vault
- Complies with the credit union Check Cashing, Cash Control and
Transaction Approval Limits policies. For example, Reg CC, SAR,
CTR, Check handling, Reg D, BSA and etc.
- Volunteers for special projects within the scope of job
- Responsible for problem solving through research, using
open-ended questions, and consistent follow up to ensure member
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by
supervisor/manager and as necessary for the continued growth and
advancement of the Credit Union. Specific Skills
- Excellent human relation skills needed to interact with the
membership in a professional environment including listening
skills, and verbal/written communication
- Ability to proactively problem solve by demonstrating concern
and empathy while seeking a solution that is in the best interest
of the member and TCU.
- High level of TCU product knowledge with a full understanding
of needs-based selling.
- Proficient cash handling skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced diverse and universal
- Practical application and general understanding of various
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds at times due to coin bags and
boxes of rolled coin. Accountability
- Responsible for using product knowledge to cross-sell and
clearly communicate product features to staff and members.
- Must have a full understanding of needs-based selling, practice
and use of Relationship Building with Conversations techniques in
accordance with TCU's Sales Process.
- Responsible for daily decisions made within established
guidelines set by the supervisor/manager, meeting
pay-for-performance goals and displaying a positive image of the
- Accountable for understanding and applying TCU policies and
procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML, CIP and
- Responsible for using all identified security precautions about
cash, checks and account management.
- Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon
with Supervisor.Minimum Requirement
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
- Six months of retail sales and/or cash handling experience or
equivalent experience within a financial institution or related
field preferred.Non-Exempt, Hourly Our company provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Teachers Credit Union, Elkhart , Universal Banker, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...