Paint Associate 2nd shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150Why Valmont--We're
Here to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people
around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many
ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population,
supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to
renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to
create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont
is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital
infrastructure to make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that
respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees
as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the
modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Paint Associate position is an individual contributor in the
Paint Department. This person must be a highly driven individual
that will prepare Valmont products prior to painting, ensure high
quality finishes after the painting process, and package the
finished product for shipment.
- Hang and unhang parts such as light poles, arms, bases, and
small components as needed.
- Blasts the product using a blasting cabinet and ensures the
product has a sufficient blast profile .
- Responsible for blowing shot and dust off of parts and repairs
all damaged galvanizing and removes all oil and contaminates .
- Responsible for final visual quality check of poles.
- Installs all post finish attachments and package poles and
- Performs basic maintenance on blasting, rigging, and packaging
- Ability to lift an average weight of 20 to 40 pounds, 40% of
the time(i.e., all small parts, arms and pedestal bases), and lift
50 pound containers 5-10 times per shift .
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and
- Ability to spend 100% of the shift standing, walking, sitting,
bending, squatting, balancing, stooping, kneeling and lifting in
the process of preparing and/or coating of all poles and parts
within the department.
- Ability to operate fork lifts, overhead cranes, power tools,
packaging equipment, lowerators, and blasting equipment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.Important Details
about the Role
- The employee is responsible for-- own work-- .
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job
- Helps train employees in proper packaging, blasting, and
hanging techniques .
- Must be able to determine the acceptance or rejection of
finished coated poles and small parts according to standard
- The employee --must maintaina safe and productive work
environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete
and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality,
productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.Required Qualifications
of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft
Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards
in a high-paced working environment.
- Rack and unrack parts, brush off, fill, sand, and clean parts
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check.
- Maintain and operate blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.Highly
Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of previous experience in a painting or manufacturing
- Experience operating overhead cranes and forklift.
- Experience using dry mill thickness gauges, wet film thickness
gauges and micrometers.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results.Educational Background
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time
keeping functions, interface with machines and other
equipmentValmont offers employees and their families a
comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their
individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes
reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching
and more.*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union
contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. --Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Paint Associate 2nd shift, Other , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!