Company: Dexter Axle Company
Posted on: January 9, 2021
OverviewDexter, the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles,
doors, venting products and related components in the utility
trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and
manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for a 2nd Shift
Supervisor at Industrial Axle Company (IAC), a Dexter company in
Elkhart, Indiana - conveniently located near Bristol, IN,
Mishawaka, IN, Goshen, IN, Middlebury, IN, South Bend, IN, LaPorte,
IN, White Pigeon, MI, Three Rivers, MI, Cassopolis, MI, Dowagiac,
MI, and Niles, MI.Dexter has been a leading manufacturer of trailer
axles, brakes and actuation, along with entrance door and venting
products for over 50 years serving the utility trailer,
recreational vehicle, heavy duty, manufactured housing,
agricultural, marine, and specialty markets. Dexter is
headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana employing over 2,800 people and
operating 18 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada
(Indiana, Georgia, Oklahoma, California, Tennessee, Texas, Florida,
Utah, Ontario, and Alberta). Dexter has achieved its many years of
success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality,
continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service. Dexter
is a wholly owned subsidiary of DexKo Global, Inc.For more
information about our company, access Dexter's web site at
www.dexteraxle.com.Dexter offers a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits. Dexter's benefits package includes Health,
Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with
company contributions.Position SummaryThe Production Supervisor
reports directly to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for
the plant operations of Elkhart Facility Axle Plant. The Supervisor
will lead the plant's hourly workforce to meet aggressive output
targets while also helping to drive continuous improvement in
product quality, process efficiency and safety.
- Accomplishing manufacturing staff results by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating,
coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Maintaining staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training
employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources;
maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures,
and participating in plant safety, health and environmental
- Completing production plan by scheduling and assigning
personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities;
monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems;
reporting results of the processing flow on shift production
- Ensuring quality procedures are followed and achieving 100% on
time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Performing other tasks, duties or special projects as
directed.RequirementsThe candidate must have:
- Familiarity with the common tools of a continuous improvement
organizational culture such as Six Sigma, Toyota Production System,
Kaizen or other lean manufacturing methodologies and the monitoring
and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Experience with industrial automation.
- Experience leading a highly seasonal operation requiring rapid
changes in output and a high degree of product variation.
- Experience with successfully implementing 5S programs.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems and reporting
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to produce
clear written instructions and other business documents. Bilingual
English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Ability to supervisor others and engage employees in a drug
- Meet production requirements.
- Effectively utilize manpower.
- Meet quality and safety standards on a daily basis.
- Be willing and capable of handling employee and production
problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.[Insert
Keywords: Dexter Axle Company, Elkhart , Production Supervisor, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!