Assistant Maintenance Manager
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Responsibilities include leading an efficient team of mechanics
in a baking facility incorporating the highest standards of safety,
quality and sanitation. Drives the IPM culture through cross
functional teams. Assures effective PM programs to achieve world
class waste and downtime goals, high levels of communication,
maintaining budget guidelines and environmental compliance.---Key
- Executes the plant's preventative and predictive maintenance
program to ensure reliable operational performance of bakery
equipment and processes.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the work performed by
Mechanics utilizing the plant's PM program.
- Provide coverage in the absence of the Manufacturing
- Provide technical support for Controls, electrical and
mechanical systems and equipment.
- Manage and improve all the components and software required to
efficiently operate a primarily automated manufacturing line.
- Monitors Maintenance KPIs and PM system reports and uses these
reports to initiate remedial actions to improve maintenance
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and
- Meet project completion time lines.
- Verify compliance to Governmental requirements (OSHA, EPA,
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance personnel are trained on
Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, Hazard Material Handling and
Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to ascend and descend building stairways, ladders
and ramps to reach job assignments and perform tasks required in
job classification. Specific tasks require standing for long
periods, climbing, reaching above shoulders, walking, lifting,
grasping, kneeling, bending and twisting.
- Must have mental and visual ability to identify various product
varieties, read charts of posted manufacturing standards as well as
scale weights and equipment controls.
- Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in
the plant. Therefore, special assignments can be created on a
case-by case basis.
- Perform all other related assignments including assisting and
training of other associates as required by Supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Technical degree in a related field or AIB Maintenance
Correspondence Course a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of maintenance supervisory
experience; ideally in a fresh baked goods, bread and muffin or
food manufacturing facility or other process manufacturing
environment, and strong communication, leadership, and team
- Strong PLC knowledge base is a plus.
- Operational background in electrical circuitry, and bread and
roll production equipment repair.
- Some refrigeration and fuel burning equipment knowledge a
- Must be computer literate and have effectively built, developed
and led teams.
- Mental and visual ability to identify various parts and read
mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, meters,
etc.Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ensure that maintenance procedures are completed in line with
company policies and standards.
- Worker subject to inside work, protected from weather
conditions as well as outside conditions.
- Worker subject to noise sufficient to require hearing
protection in designated areas.
- Worker subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts,
electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight
- Capable of working in environment of flour dust.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in
English in order to understand and follow work and safety
instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include
adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.The physical and
mental demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Elkhart , Assistant Maintenance Manager, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!