Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread?
A Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee -, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! Position Summary: The
Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning and scheduling
of all maintenance activities performed at the site. - The role of
the Maintenance Planner is to improve productivity and work quality
by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning
and coordination of labor, parts/materials and equipment access. -
He/she maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful
analysis and reporting of results of work done. Plans are intended
to ensure or extend the life expectancy of equipment therefore
aiding in the total reduction of maintenance cost and increased
output of product. - Key Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, scheduling and documenting all planned maintenance
work to be performed.
- Work closely with Production and Sanitation to plan effectively
the maintenance of all plant processing, packaging and support
equipment in proper running order, while meeting corporate and
government mandated criteria.
- Keep and update critical spare parts inventory list for every
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisors to review and improve
the preventive/predictive maintenance programs for assigned
production and facility equipment to ensure a safe, efficient
operation with a minimum of cost and downtime.
- Responsible for long-range as well as short-range planning.
Long-range planning involves the regular analysis of backlog
relative to available resources.
- Performs daily review of mechanic schedules to ensure 100%
labor hours are scheduled.
- Compares required parts list against available inventory and
works with Spare Parts Coordinator to ensure required parts are in
stock prior to work order start date.
- Supports the identification of critical inventory, optimal
stock levels, min/max levels and obsolete parts.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining comprehensive PM plans
in the SOMAX and ensures all Preventive Maintenance (PM) routines
are consistently reviewed and improved upon.
- Responsible for maintenance of records and files essential to
meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance-related
- Tracks departmental KPI's as identified and performs analysis
- Generates daily/weekly PM performance results.
- Coordinates both internal and external resources.
- Provides SOMAX subject matter expertise for the site.
- Plans resources and develops detailed schedules for work to be
executed during planned production shutdowns.
- Establishes, maintains and improves the Maintenance Planning
and Scheduling business flow process.
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance
- Assures all necessary parts, equipment, services and
documentation to perform the maintenance work.
- Writes applicable maintenance procedures that promote
defect-free maintenance work quality.
- Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment maintenance
history, job records database and technical information on
processes, plant and equipment.
- Able and competent in root cause failure analysis leadership
- Apply good stores management practices and parts management to
ensure parts and equipment retain full reliability while
- Continually improving planning, scheduling, purchasing, stores,
data management and job reporting systems to increase planning
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with maintenance supervision to schedule manpower
and resources for the most effective production and maintenance
- Assists the Plant Engineer and Production Manager in periodic
PM compliance and downtime reviews with recommendations for
- Reviews all work order feedback and updates PMs and Standard
Work Orders accordingly.
- Keeps updated library of OEM manuals.
- Keeps training records and programs of the department.
- Plans and coordinates training, providing appropriate
documentation of training.
- Participate in Safety Team Committee.
- Teach/train Safety Policies to associates.
- Prepare and submit Maintenance Supervisors and Mechanics weekly
- Accurate daily entering and uploading of PM
- Tracking status of all maintenance work orders.
- Coordination of all paperwork and backup documentation for all
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in
- Completes and submits environmental related paper work in
- Complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics,
practices and vendor management.
- Serve as backup for Spare Parts Coordinator and Purchasing
Analyst in their absence.
- Support the period-end closing and budgeting processes as
necessary. Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's
largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo
Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and
affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome
Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000
associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate
offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the
freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our
associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their
own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make
a real difference in their professional and personal lives every
day.Job Requirements:Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, be
highly organized, can multi-task, and have capacity to work in ever
changing/increasing volumes of tasks and daily workload.
- Be able to handle moderately complex responsibilities.
- Negotiation skills a major plus - must be persistent and able
to handle difficult situations professionally that may involve
vendors, contractors, and fellow associates.
- Proactive, resourceful, motivated and driven by a high sense of
- Possess strong analytical, systems, and business partnering
skills with high degree of accuracy and ability to meet
- Have ability to interact and influence functional areas
including operation and senior leadership.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Problem solver, procedure developer.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and projects at
once, logical prioritization.
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication.
- Must be self-directed and able to work without close
supervision - position requires high energy and motivation and a
strong desire to drive positive change.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid working knowledge of procedures -for planning
maintenance work orders. -
- Willingness to handle paperwork.
- Ability to use basic math including algebra & geometry to take
measurements and perform computations required to plan maintenance
- Able to read blueprints and shop drawings and the ability to
generate rough sketches as needed.
- Applicant must be capable of reading, interpreting and updating
piping and instrument diagrams, manufacturers' specification
sheets, and schematics. -
- Applicant must be capable of managing lists of parts and
components used, keep an inventory of parts on hand, update any
drawings affected, and create procedures of best maintenance
practices and procedures.
- Have good planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the proper use of work orders, priorities,
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.Education and Work History
- Technical/Engineering Degree *or* currently enrolled.
- Desirable Engineering/Maintenance experience in a high volume
production facility, preferably in food manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of computers, including intermediate level of
Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
Project), SAP/ORACLE, MaintSmart/SOMAX.
- Full understanding of Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Familiarity with GMP guidelines
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
substituted.#LI-CW1The physical and mental demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Be a part of
a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
energy efficiency -
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR - Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Elkhart , Maintenance Planner, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!