Company: LEER Group
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionOverall
Responsibilities:Responsible for managing the day to day line
activities and processing with respect to product quality, customer
satisfaction, on-time -delivery, safety, manufacturing
efficiencies/cost management, 5S & housekeeping, and environmental
controls. Reports directly to the Plant Manager.Supplying &
coordinating daily production schedules; oversee all parts of the
following fiberglass truck cap/tonneau cover operations.
Spot-checks all areas for quality issues and makes appropriate
adjustments. Works on streamlining production departments. Maintain
excellent communication within the team. Monitor and maintain
material usages. Well versed in chemical reactions and
compatibilities. The person in this job may have responsibility for
some part of the plant hazardous waste management program including
but not limited to labeling drums, moving hazardous waste
containers, performing inspections, and signing hazardous waste
manifests. As such, this person will be trained commensurate with
those job duties assigned and in accordance with local, state, and
federal requirements. Also, management at any time can assign
additional tasks.Specific Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage in a fast-paced environment with a work
force ranging in skill level from temporary workers to highly
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate
others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentations style
at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinates with other lines and departments to ensure
production resources (labor, materials, equipment) match production
- Applies continuous improvement and lean manufacturing /
production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Develops a culture of right the first time. Whatever it takes
- Builds, develops and empowers high performing teams.
- Fulfills all record keeping requirements including written
performance reviews, safety training, documentation, documenting
disciplinary actions, and job related training.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks
simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to
routinely meet demand and schedule parameters and manage time
- Performs all task in a safe and responsible manner and work
well within a "small" team environment.
- Decision making to execute company policies and implement plant
- Performs other work as required or needed in support of general
fiberglass manufacturing activity.Minimum Position Requirements:
- 3 + years of overall "hands-on" plant floor supervisory
experience in a fast paced complex manufacturing environment.
- Experience in composites manufacturing required.
- Self starter with strong leadership and team building
- Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to multitask, effective time management skills and a
basis for action.
- Fiberglass lamination experience preferred. Knowledge of Spray
- Ability to develop and implement improvement changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very sharp, innovative and accustomed to "figuring it
- Mature judgment and decision making ability.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- PandoLogic. Keywords: Production Supervisor, Location: Elkhart,
IN - 46516
Keywords: LEER Group, Elkhart , Production Supervisor, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!