Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
More than 10 years
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req28584 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-SL1Position Summary: This position is responsible for all
activities that occur within the manufacturing facility. The Plant
Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility
for manufacturing and key support process operations. The Plant
Manager leads through influence in a matrix organization in
relation to additional functions that occur at the facility, such
as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to
achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, efficiency,
quality, customer service and leadership so as to deliver financial
profitability for the plant.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking
facility consisting of hourly associates and a management
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring
safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state
and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure
associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and
deliver on expectations.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU
Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process
capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key
performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and
food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process
reliability and performance.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and
professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company's
values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable
growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and
has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the
management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate
training programs to address developmental needs.Equal Opportunity
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Job Requirements
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Orientation. Focused on improving business results
through introduction of incremental improvements in business
practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs,
risks and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability
and a sense of urgency.
- Change Leadership. Encourages associates to identify
improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team;
influences others, internally and externally, to drive change
efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Learning and Adopting Best Practices. Able to learn new
approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best
practices, and apply them to their business; desire to learn
(intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous
improvement and growth.
- Strategic Thinking with Business Insight. Ability to understand
the company's competitive context; strong analytical and conceptual
abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general company
strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
- People Oriented Leadership. Focused on optimizing, developing,
and improving work teams by achieving a balance between the
productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better;
increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal
development; operates in a team-based environment empowering the
team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of
decisions and promoting individual accountability. Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a
technical field a plus. A combination of education, training and
experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the
work may be substituted.
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience,
at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- 4+ years of experience leading a high performance management
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations
while delivering day to day performance.
- In-depth knowledge of baking science and technology, process
control and improvement tools.
- Experience with programs that drive statistical processes and
program systems in plant operations.The physical and mental demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Be
a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Elkhart , Plant Manager, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!