Aircraft Structures Technician - Airframe Licensed
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Aircraft Structures Technician (Airframe Licensed) Direct
- Fabricating sheet metals for replacing worn aircraft body
parts, flight control surfaces, fuel cell and tank cleaning and
restoration, pylon and windshield replacements with strict
dimension tolerances and compliance -to FAA maintenance bulletins,
based on supplied engineering blueprints. -
- Operate gas-based Arc welding equipment, brazing equipment,
centering tools, riveting tools and other prescribed sheet metal
and structures -maintenance tools. -
- Maintain adequate number and quality of tools necessary to
perform assigned tasks.
- Remove dented or worn-out aircraft sheet metal and structural
- Cut, trim, bend and smooth sheet metal parts, ensuring proper
fit within tolerances and clearance -of parts. -
- Understand and interpret engineering blueprints, illustrations,
and specifications to determine layouts, sequences of operations,
identities and relationships of parts.
- Complete assigned tasks properly and timely in accordance with
the policies and procedures set forth in the manual.
- Complete all paperwork related to assigned tasks properly and
- Ensure proper Required Inspection item procedures are adhered
to and to notify the Manager of Maintenance or the Quality
Assurance Coordinator upon completion.
- Understand and follow procedures out of the aircraft
manufacture's maintenance manuals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the
Supervisor or Maintenance, Manager of Maintenance or higher
authority.Top Skills:Airframe License, Powerplant License,
Corporate Aviation, Citation, Hawker, Challenger, Gulfstream,
Falcon, King AirAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- Current FAA Airframe Certificate required.
- Active, valid Driver's License required.
- High school diploma, or GED required.
- Sheet metal and fabrication experience. -
- Ability to read and interpret aircraft drawing and schematics.
- Must own and provide a minimum -set of tools.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to
changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in a team environment
as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions
unsupervised at any time.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds or more on a
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly and stand for long
periods of time.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also
know that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing - Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all
applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Elkhart , Aircraft Structures Technician - Airframe Licensed, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!