State Eligibility Consultant
Company: State of Indiana
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50
executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse
workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects
across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana
employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and
inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and
equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the
State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer,
reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals
with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential
functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to
review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Family & Social Services Administration:
The Division of Family Resources (DFR) within the Family and Social
Services Administration (FSSA) is responsible for establishing
eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. The division
also manages the timely and accurate delivery of SNAP and TANF
benefits. DFR also provides employment and training services to
some SNAP and TANF recipients. The division's overarching focus is
the support and preservation of families by emphasizing
self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
Salary: The annual minimum starting salary for this position is $
About the Job:
As the State Eligibility Consultant, you will be responsible for
serving as the eligibility consultant for public assistance
programs. In this position, you will be responsible for correct
eligibility determinations for state and federal benefit programs
including, but not limited to, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance
Program (SNAP), Medicaid, and Temporary Assistance for Needy
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
* Review all eligibility recommendations and information provided
by contract staff.
* Make an eligibility determination for appropriate benefits and
waiver programs in compliance with state and federal rules,
regulations, and guidelines.
* Examine data matches to find inconsistent and unreported
* Approve claims referred and calculated by the Contractor.
* Conduct full eligibility interviews for SNAP, TANF and Medicaid
* Keep current on all changes in rules, regulations, and guidelines
regarding the individual benefit programs.
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may
change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You'll Need for Success:
* Be willing to travel with reasonable accommodation.
* Thorough knowledge of public assistance policy, practices, and
* Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local rules and
regulations related to public assistance programs.
* Working knowledge of computerized eligibility systems.
* Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and
implement effective solutions.
* Ability to use tact and empathy in dealing with people from
* Ability to use discretion in dealing with all clients, and fellow
employees' personal information.
* Demonstrates effective interview and communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and self-motivated in managing multiple
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for
full-time employees which includes:
* Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as
vision and dental plans
* Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan
and gift cards)
* Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state
* Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for
hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed
outside state facilities
* Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with
* Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
* A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a
variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
* 150 hours of paid new parent leave
* Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
* Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave
* 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
* Education Reimbursement Program
* Group life insurance
* Referral Bonus program
* Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
* Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
* Free Parking for most positions
* Free LinkedIn Learning access
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.
Keywords: State of Indiana, Elkhart , State Eligibility Consultant, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!