Quality Technician 2nd Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana Why Valmont Welcome to
Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our
team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing
lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem
solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation
for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation,
tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish
croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and
services make a difference.This position starts around $21.00 per
hour.How you will contributeValmont is currently seeking a highly
motivated and talented individual for the Quality Technician
position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will
demonstrate a commitment to quality and manufacturing principles.
Additionally, you will--
- Observe operating activities throughout all product areas;
making recommendations, developing action plans and following up to
ensure that action plans are effectively implemented.
- Conduct internal quality audit of individual departments.
- Assist department supervisors evaluate field problem data and
develop action plans to prevent causes of problems.
- Analyze/evaluate manufacturing processes to identify
improvement opportunities and review new processes for possible
integration into systems.
- Perform data gathering, analysis, and distribution of all
quality related data.
- Meets quality requirements and keeps peers informed of
unplanned deviations from schedule.
- Oversee the sites AISC program
- Participate in maintaining AISC and other certifications
- Inspects complicated assemblies, subassemblies, and/or pieces
requiring knowledge of functioning and interrelationships.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specificationWhat it
- 1-3 years-- experience in a manufacturing and/or quality
- Functional understanding of manufacturing processes such as
welding, machining, heat treating, metal forming, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Project, Publisher and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints/
- Ability to read, operate, and interpret various precision
measuring equipment, such as micrometers, calipers, hardness
testers and tape measure.
- Ability to acquire visual weld and dye penetrant
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade
others to change and adapt to new processes.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Ability to work 10 hour days in all weather conditions, 90% +
on the shop floor
- Ability to lift 50 lbsHighly qualified candidates will also
- Working knowledge of AISC, NACE and aluminum welding
- CWI or NACE certified
- Knowledgeable with different welding processes used in both
practical and technical application, be familiar with Q.A. work
instructions, ASTM, Aluminum industry standards and divisional
specifications.Valmont does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.If you have a disability and
require any assistance in filling out the application for
employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Quality Technician 2nd Shift, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!