Maintenance Mechanic 1st Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 26, 2022
3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana Why Valmont Welcome to
Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our
team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing
lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem
solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation
for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation,
tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish
croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and
services make a difference.This position starts at $25.00 per hour.
The hours for this role are Monday-Friday 4:00AM-2:00PM.The
Maintenance Mechanic position is an individual contributor in
Elkhart, IN. This person must be a highly driven individual that
will assist in performing preventative maintenance & repairs on all
plant equipment and facilities including hydraulic machines,
presses, shears, cranes, welders, mechanical clutches, drive
trains, etc.Essential Functions
- Responsible for assisting in the performance of preventative
maintenance & repairs on all plant equipment and facilities
including hydraulic machines, presses, shears, cranes, welders,
mechanical clutches, drive trains, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the repair of worn parts,
straightens and fabricates fixtures. Makes new installation of
equipment and performs major repairs/replacements.
- Seek opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within the
- Proper installation of equipment ensuring that necessary safety
standards are adhered to.
- Perform and/or assist with maintenance tasks according to
production needs to minimize downtime.
- Support manufacturing demands including working during non-peak
hours (e.g., off-shifts, holidays, weekends, etc.) as
- Respond to on-duty emergency requests and after-hours
- Performs of strategic preventative maintenance; continuous
improvement of maintenance systems and practices.
- Performs general maintenance tasks including buildings,
grounds, (snow removal), etc.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.Important Details
about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality,
productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.Required
Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Three (6) to Six (8) year of experience in industrial
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft
Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards
in a high-paced working environment.
- Ability to be Valmont trained and certified in operation of
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including
weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Must be available for on-call rotation.Highly Qualified
Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Associates degree in industrial maintenance, engineering and/or
- Six (6) to Nine (9) years of experience in
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Working knowledge of single and three phase electrical
circuitry with an ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Experience performing all position arc and wire feed welding on
steel and aluminum.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, water and natural gas
- Experience with mills/lathes.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results. PHYSICAL DEMANDS SUMMARY
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Valmont does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran
status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you have a
disability and require any assistance in filling out the
application for employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Elkhart , Maintenance Mechanic 1st Shift, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!