Veterans Preferred - Diesel Mechanic/Maintenance Technician
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Maintenance Technician
-As a -Maintenance -Technician, -you will get the chance to use
your technical and mechanical knowledge and skills to help us keep
our trucks running! With one of the Nation's largest fleets,
providing an essential service to customers and communities
everywhere, you will play an important role in making sure our
fleet is reliable, keeping our drivers and communities safe and
running. -What you will do: -
- Work in partnership with drivers, dispatchers, and leadership
to perform necessary repairs, maintenance, or inspection or
- Diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control
systems, hydraulic, electrical, air brake systems, general engine
work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train, diesel emissions
and steering systems with limited supervision. -
- When necessary, perform basic tire work. (Ex. replacement, tire
rotation, and tread depth checks).
- Perform road service calls to help colleagues during emergency
- Use computers to diagnose or understand failures and begin
- Complete required documentation utilizing software programs
associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and
accounting for repair times.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures and report
any safety or employee experience issues immediately to leadership.
-What you will need to be successful: -
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required. -
- Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required. -
- Good time management skills to ensure all work is completed
within standard repair times.
- Strong communication skills to share technical details about
repairs or tasks.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, some holidays, and
- Perform work indoors with occasional need to perform road
- Good problem-solving skills to address unexpected issues.
- Desire to work as a team, while helping and interacting
respectfully with each other.Why you will love this job!
- You will be making a difference in your community by helping us
keep our fleet running so we can provide an essential service to
- You will work for a company that cares about your safety and
well-being, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy,
safe and well.
- You may have the opportunity to make more money with
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and
- You will have an allowance to build your toolbox, on us!
- You can keep the dirt at work - laundry service for your
- You will have a chance to advance your technical and leadership
skills through on-the-job training, growth and development.
- You will work alongside great colleagues from a variety of
diverse backgrounds and experiences who are committed to serving
our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our
inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and
our confidential employee experience survey. Why choose
Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job,
it's about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world
together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and
impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a
company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share
in our aspirations to join our team: - We protect our colleagues
and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day. - We
are committed to serving our customers and communities by going
above and beyond to exceed expectations. - We take action to
improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally
responsible and creating a more sustainable world. - We are driven
to deliver results in the right way. - We encourage a human
centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of
every person.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. - Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Elkhart , Veterans Preferred - Diesel Mechanic/Maintenance Technician, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!