Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Logistics Engineer is "hands on" and responsible for
participating in logistics analysis and engineering work involving
all aspects of material flow and presentation design - primarily
within our manufacturing sites. They collect data, perform
transportation, statistical and mapping analysis, design customized
solutions and work on a team that is developing or implementing the
Plan for Every Part (PFEP). They implement and design customized
solutions, use engineering tools for modeling or utilize the tools
or solutions for implementation. They are participant in location
startups, process improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
Along with the technical skills, strong interpersonal &
communication skills are paramount for building relationships with
all levels of the organization.
What You'll Be Doing
- Designs, and implements a Plan for Every Part (PFEP), using
data analysis and shop floor processes; Creating material systems
that are intuitive, scalable, and able to be maintained. Conduct
material flow, storage, and presentation analysis in support of
transportation, operations, and warehousing.
- Participates in cross-functional groups to create plans for the
"lifecycle" of material from inbound to assembly.
- Works closely with sourcing department and packaging
engineering on supplier expectations for packaging, standard
pack(s), handling, decanting.
- Interacts with internal and external customers and vendors to
design solutions based on customer demand.
- Ensure Solution Sustainability. Preparation of technical and
user documentation and presentations for all solutions. Provide
maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions,
including software maintenance as needed.
- Focus on Cost Effectiveness. Helps ensure a solution will meet
financial goals and provide cost savings.
- Supports the preparation of results into proposal documents or
other engineering reports and presentations for
- Timely Solution Deliverables. Able to resolve situations
quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the
appropriate subject matter experts / leaders to prioritize urgent
needs and intermediate-term solutions.
- Develops an understanding of the company needs and take actions
to ensure that such needs are met Meets deadlines by providing
project plans & timelines to stakeholders.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, or
other quantitative discipline required.
- 2 to 5 years comparable experience designing, developing,
implementing and executing Material Flow Solutions.
- Operations experience is a huge plus (truck body manufacturing
or larger product assembly with substantial part numbers &
- Fundamental understanding of transportation, warehousing,
supply chain and material flow concepts/best practices.
- Experience with visual factory management, lean manufacutring,
& Six Sigma black belt a plus.
- Must be proficient with ERP system(s), Warehouse Management
System(s), and Lean Processes. Intermediate computer skills in
supply chain network modeling design tools preferred.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Effective written & verbal communication, interpersonal and
presentation skills are key attributes. Must be able to interact
and provide influence and guidance to all levels of the
organization and external customers & suppliers.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities. Ability to
analyze data and conduct extensive research required.
- Must possess time management and multi-tasking skills. Must be
able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a range of
unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with
some supervision or direction.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, in order to support
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or
status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the
commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Blue Arc---, Utilimaster -, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag
-, Strobes-R-Us -, Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond---, and
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Elkhart , Logistics Engineer, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!