Company: East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: November 29, 2018
Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren?t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do.? As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.?We are currently accepting applications for the following position: Maintenance Supervisor?The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing maintenance services to create a safe, sanitary, and homelike environment for residents, staff, and the public.ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Develops facility specific preventative maintenance schedules for resident rooms and common areas of facility.
- Performs all required preventative maintenance tasks using the outline set forth in the ASC Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Assigns daily duties to maintenance staff.
- Plans and organizes departmental activities to accomplish goals in an effective and timely manner.
- Develops and implements procedures to order supplies and equipment.
- Monitors and tracks all maintenance inventory.
- Maintains inventory security of miscellaneous repair parts and tools.
- Maintains all tools and equipment necessary in able to provide good maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains kitchen, housekeeping, and mechanical equipment in good working order.
- Repairs and maintains heating and air-conditioning units.
- Inspects and repairs any damage to hallways, walls, ceilings, floors, roofs, and resident rooms.
- Paints areas as needed.
- Lubricates all appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps, and miscellaneous equipment monthly or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Regularly checks floor drain clean-outs.
- Inspects and changes sump pump if applicable.
- Inspects and repairs sewage lift stations if applicable.
- Inspects and changes all central heating and air conditioning filters at least monthly, changing filters on room units as needed.
- Cleans condenser coils.
- Inspects and clean filters in swamp cooler twice a year if applicable.
- Provides periodic inspections on laundry equipment, cleans vents and trap lines, and checks combustion chamber on dryers.
- Provides miscellaneous repairs to building structure.
- Develops safeguards and takes appropriate actions to secure maintenance supplies out of reach of residents at all times.
- Follows all safety information and procedures to handle, store, process, and transport maintenance carts so as to prevent the spread of infection.
- Develops process to eliminate crossing of clean and soiled objects and minimizes exposure to waste products.
- Monitors workplace for safety and fire hazards and corrects or reports potential problems to Executive Director.
- Reports maintenance and equipment problems immediately to Executive Director.
- Maintains workplace in orderly, clean manner storing supplies and equipment in proper places when not in use.
- Cooperates with other departments to identify and accommodate individual resident needs and preferences.
- Communicates directly with residents, families, and legal representatives to identify approaches that will protect and promote residents' rights.
- Inspects facility for any signs of rodents or pests and implements effective pest control elimination system.
- Monitors the performance of all maintenance staff on all units and shifts.
- Performs quality assurance functions, including compliance rounds on a daily basis to evaluate compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and facility policies and procedures.
- Initiates proper job action according to facility policy to correct problems in staff performance and initiate other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Develops and updates maintenance policies and procedures that reflect the philosophy and objectives of the facility and are consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Completes required documentation and record keeping of maintenance activities.
- Audits records of staff for accuracy and completeness and implements approaches to improve department record keeping practices.
- Collaborates with ASC consultants on timely responses to request for information and suggestions to improve quality of maintenance services.
- Tests facility hot water system on regular basis to evaluate water temperatures in essential locations of facility.
- Monitors staff for compliance with OSHA mandates on workplace safety including hazard communication and blood-borne pathogens.? If workplace exposure occurs, provides immediate first-aid and refers employee to appropriate facility staff member.
- Participates in the development of department budget and provides relevant financial information to Executive Director.
- Communicates with Executive Director daily to discuss facility equipment, personnel, and budget issues.
- Recommends financial staffing needs to meet facility needs to Executive Director.
- Develops staffing plan that assures sufficient staff to meet resident and facility needs.
- Hires, trains, and retains qualified staff to provide services to achieve a hazard-free, sanitary, comfortable, homelike environment for residents, facility staff, and others.
- Actively participates in survey process by instructing staff in matters of conduct and disclosure, maintaining a presence at all times surveyors are on-site and directing the timely collection of information required by the survey team.
- Demonstrates concern for identified problems and undertakes corrective action while survey is in progress if appropriate.
- Gathers and presents supplemental documentation to avoid potential deficiencies.
- Collaborates with Executive Director to develop responses to survey report if needed.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills and carries out assigned duties to assure resident safety in the event of an emergency.We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan?
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, familymembers, customers and staff.High schooldiploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.One-year experience in institutional maintenance department.Supervisory or management experience required.
Keywords: East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Elkhart , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!