Environmental Field Technician - Laborer
Company: Savage Services
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Job ID 2
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Shift Monday - Friday
Category General Labor
We are GROWING!!! Sunpro, a Savage company, is looking for Environmental Technicians who will be first-line responders that are cross-trained to provide countless services to various industries. These services can include but are not limited to emergency response, remediation and high voltage services. Team members are expected to be available to respond to time-critical incidents, chemical releases, natural disasters, derailments and transloading activities, soil excavations and waterway responses among other activities. Sunpro is a Savage company - for additional information on what we do visit
The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. He or she must have the ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions and be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency. Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays, be available to respond on short notice and have a willingness to travel out of town for overnight projects.
This is a full time position that will allow you to enjoy a full package of BENEFITS, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off, growth opportunities and life insurance plans and company paid certifications, licenses, and training.
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities
- Perform site activities as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with Sunpro Standard Operating Guidelines
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters
- Assist in the set up and tear down of job site
- Other duties as assigned
For more information email resumes to
- 40-hr Hazwoper certification preferred
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces
- Must be willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- While it does not disqualify you from a position with our company, please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all company vehicles and on many of our customer job sites
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor in extreme conditions such as heat, cold, dusty, wet, and noisy conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing a minimum of 50 pounds and manipulate a 55- gallon drum
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and tight quarters
- Respirators may be required due to the nature of our work therefore a clean shaven face is required to assure proper fit and use of safety equipment
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible. For additional information about the services we provide visit .
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Savage Services, Elkhart , Environmental Field Technician - Laborer, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!