International Transportation Specialist
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Manufactures and distributes products for the factory-built housing, recreational vehicle (RV), commercial, and other related markets across the United States and Canada.
Responsible for International Logistics and Supply Chain functions concerning the movement of products from factory locations to international ports of call through to end user. Drive innovation and improvements through targeted supplier curation and development processes that offer improved speed to market and sustainable cost savings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of category strategy for a highly complex, high impact category.
- Engages and establishes critical, strategic partnerships with leadership in varied functions cross-functionally to collaborate, influence, and drive logistics strategies.
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external Suppliers and internal Business Partners to drive results and influence business decisions.
- Leads and participates in meetings with Senior-level Business Partners.
- Manages complex logistics strategies, Brand requirements, and Business Partner relationships.
- Manages logistics projects: develops strategy, creates implementation plan and executes to drive change.
- Implement high impact, cost effective logistic strategies.
- Maintains deep understanding of key strategic logistics functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, HTS codes, international tariffs, etc.) as well as subject matter expertise in the international logistics, brokerage, consolidation and third-party warehousing categories.
- Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices.
- Lead a cross-functional team to achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed.
- Act as a change agent to drive Strategic Logistics process, scale and leverage opportunities.
- Strong Analytical Skills with advanced excel skill's is required.
- Business intelligence software experience utilizing large data bases is required.
- Experience with China based suppliers is preferred.
- Experience answering US Customs inquiries is a critical skill.
Business Acumen: Category expertise in the following categories: international transportation, international logistics, customs brokerage, consolidation, international tariff and duty codes, and third-party warehousing.
Strategic Orientation: Experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to a dynamic business environment.
Logistic Capability: Experience leading a team and/or complex, global project to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
Personal Leadership: Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
Change Leadership: Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
Experience: 3-5 years of documented professional experience in international logistics management, strategic sourcing, and/or supply chain management.
Education: BS in Logistics related field preferred. Experience can be substituted for education.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Chinese fluency a plus.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, this individual should demonstrate the ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, teams, and contribute to building a positive team spirit. Works with integrity and ethics, promoting a harassment-free environment using company Values. Approaches others in a tactful and constructive manner. An individual must possess strong organizational skills and make founded decisions quickly based on research and discussions. Ability to work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Individual must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Elkhart , International Transportation Specialist, Professions , Elkhart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!